・゚: *✧・゚:* Chapter 27 - Scáthanna sna Toir*:・゚✧*:・゚

✧・゚: Chapter 27 - Shadows in the Bushes*:・゚✧

9th of January 1761

Y/N's POV

Procrastination. That was this week's recurring theme. Upon my return home I knew the place was a mess, the kitchen had evidently not been cleaned however, one place that few people had noticed was the stables. The stables were chaos, mice were in the feed bins, loose strands of hay littering the yard, and all the tack was sporadically arranged on every free surface.

That was today's task.

The past week or so had been incredibly overwhelming, and I was in desperate need of a distraction.

-

"Y/N please." I sighed as George grabbed my arm, turning me to face him.

"You can't do it all on your own, plus many hands make light work." I gazed at his pleading blue eyes, as I gave in.

"Fine George." I smiled as he chuckled wrapping me in a hug, much to my surprise. His chin rested on my head as mine lay on his chest, accepting the comfort he provided.

"Sire!" George pulled away slowly as he turned seeing Samuel striding towards us, his gaze fixated on George as he gestured him to walk over.

"I'll meet you outside, love." George sent shivers down my spine as he whispered into my hair before leaving a light kiss on my forehead. I turned, making my way through the kitchen door towards the large stable blocks.

The crunching of my boots against the gravel was a rather satisfying sound as I slowly opened the gate, now stepping on the solid concrete of the stable yard. An eerie feeling crept into my being, as my blood ran cold; a feeling I couldn't quite shake off.

Quickly, one by one I opened all the stables allowing the horses onto the hard standing of the enclosed yard as I rushed over to the field gate, opening it to allow them through.

The horses however stood, startled, paying little attention to me, or their sense of freedom as their pricked ears faced forward into the hedgerow. The occasional suspicious snort being let out.

"Come on!" I clapped my hands loudly as the horses became rather skittish at the bushes. I watched Apollo whinny loudly as he backed up away from the hedge, before quickly turning and galloping towards the field, taking the other four horses with him.

"Silly ponies, it's as if they have never seen a bush before." I whispered to myself as I rolled my eyes, turning towards the tack room door. I pushed the deep feeling of unrest to the back of my mind, returning to the task at hand.

A scream left my lips as I jumped, hearing a dramatic crash from behind me. Turning on my heels I spotted a rather well-dressed young man, he had a strange look in his eyes, as he stared directly at me in a sense of amazement, and shock that scared me. I let out another yelp.