・゚: *✧・゚:* Chapter 2 - Bhí Glór Síodúil Aige *:・゚✧*:・゚

✧・゚: Chapter 2 - His Voice Was Like Velvet *:・゚✧

15th of December 1760

Looking to my side, I noticed all the details and carvings adorning the wooden bow of the ship. I was intrigued. 

I looked ahead to see where I was going as I suddenly make impact with someone, causing them to take a step back. I gasp at the force of the impact as I lose my balance slightly, my cheeks heating up from the embarrassment. I suddenly feel a hand snake around my waist, preventing me from falling as I hold my breath slightly from the contact.

"Your Majesty, are you okay?" I slowly push my hair out of my eyes.

Confused, I reply "I'm not royal-" I cut myself off as the weight of the incident dawns on me.

"King George Frederick The Third of Great Britain and Ireland." I sighed as an even heavier blush rolled over my cheeks, taking note of the royal red clothing the man was wearing.

I slowly raise my head to make eye contact with this man. I shamefully flick my eyes between his and the floor as anxious thoughts raced through my mind.

I felt like a child awaiting their scolding.

"People normally introduce themselves, however, seeing as you have done it for me you may do it for yourself too. Who are you?"

I flinched at the sound of his voice suddenly becoming very aware of the heat of my face, and then the hand draped around my waist as my eyes widened slightly.

"I'm Sorry! I-I'm Y-Y/N, my name is Y/N L/N"

"And I assume I'm not going to be able to match the name to one's face anytime soon. Well... considering you refuse to make eye contact with me."

I slowly raised my head towards him, my eyes fixating on anything but his face. I could see him studying my face in my peripheral vision; almost as much as I had been studying the ship.

"I-your carriage is ready your majesty." I whispered, adding in a curtsey, although it may have been a bit late – 'It was better late than never I suppose.'

"Escort me then!" He replied amusedly a slight smirk forming on his face. This man was proving difficult to read; however, it was no secret that I preferred the company of animals, and most certainly struggled with that of humans.

I slowly watched as King George held his arm out for me. Slowly I linked onto his arm suddenly feeling the warmth leave from around my waist.

His character proved to be a confusing one. His strides were long and calculated; he was extremely tall – at least six-foot four; the top of my head barely surpassing his chest.

His clothing was immaculate, the white frilly dress shirt was well tailored and pressed. The silky-red waistcoat was adorned with intricate gold hand-embroidering. His wig: neatly powdered, and his crown was all you needed to judge his importance in society. He was very clearly meticulous, and extremely witty.