・゚: *✧・゚:* Chapter 12 - Anam Míshuaimneach *:・゚✧*:・゚

✧・゚: Chapter 12 - Restless Soul*:・゚✧

20th of December 1760

King George's POV

I awoke slightly disorientated and sleep deprived to the sound of bare feet tapping on the wooden floor of the bedroom.

Slowly peeling my eyes open I saw Y/N pacing the still dark room, I carefully sat up trying not to frighten her.

"Y/N?" I say quietly my eye line following her pacing, my words causing her to stop in place. I slowly move to stand up, making my way across the room towards her.

"I got woken up, I heard someone outside say we are nearly in England." Her eyes met mine as I slowly saw the glow of excitement in them, she was excited.

I chuckled lightly ruffling her hair.

"Somebody's excited." She smiled up at me as she bounced oh the balls of her feet.

"I miss England." A soft sigh left her lips as she smiled reminiscently.

Y/N's POV

"You have been to England?" The King had perked up at the topic of conversation as he guided me towards the sofa, sitting down as I followed suit.

"I was born there." I chuckled as his eyes widened slightly, a hint of excitement washing over his face.

I listened intently to the sound of footsteps above us, as commands were being provided to the crew of the large ship.

"We are ready to dock!" One voice yelled out loud and clear.

George, obviously hearing the voice perked up at this as he rose suddenly from the sofa and guided me back over to the bed in the room placing the copy of "To Kill a Mockingbird" that had been previously placed neatly on the table, back in my lap.

"I'll be back in a minute love. I have some business to discuss with the guards." George's fingers traced their way to my jawline, tilting my head up slightly he pressed his lips to my forehead, in a simple, sweet kiss; before quickly turning around and exiting the room.

A slight blush fell over my face as butterflies crashed against the walls of my stomach causing it to flutter in a way I had never felt before.

My eyes scanned over the room quickly as my hands traced the embossing of the leather-bound book seated in my lap. The room was a more lived-in version than the night before. The bed was unmade, blankets were discarded on the sofa in an oddly neat way.

The excitement I had felt earlier gave way to the slightly sleep-deprived state I was in as I yawned, opening the book to page three-hundred and eight – the second last page of the book, and certainly my favourite. The page George had read for me just hours prior.

"Atticus was right..." I read silently, my breathing settling into a slow and steady rhythm, my eyes growing heavier and heavier as once stoic words, turned whimsical, dancing around on the leafy, cream pages. Eventually succumbing to the peaceful daze, I was in, I drifted back off to sleep.

Seabury's POV

George sat opposite me his rugged condition startling me.

"Your majesty, why are you up this early, It's barely six in the morning?" My fingers drummed lightly on the table we sat at, the brisk morning air nipping at the nerves in our faces.

The King's eyes were sunken and heavy, he was clearly running on little sleep. His clothing was in disarray, his shirt was partly undone and coming untucked. His brown hair was tousled in place of his usual, neatly powdered wig. He had also discarded his waistcoat and coat and had simply pulled his cloak over his shoulders, in a hurried and crooked manner.

In front of me, on the table sat a leather-bound notebook in which the plans for the smooth docking of this ship were held, along with many others.

A sigh left George's lips as I cocked my head lightly, willing him to go on.

"Y/N does not sleep very well Samuel." George provided me with a small grin, confirming that he was not to put-off by this.

I chuckled lightly.

"A restless soul."

King George's POV

I chuckled at Seabury, nodding my head in a light-hearted manner.

'A restless soul'

Those three words fit Y/N's personality all too well. The ups, the downs she suffered, the sleepless nights because of them. She indeed struck me as the type of person to wake up in the middle of the night to write down and idea that came to her in her dream. She was incredibly spontaneous.

I looked out towards the sea, swallowing my surroundings, taking it all in. I saw a landmass in the near distance, the landmass I ruled over. We had planned for a quiet arrival into London with few spectators – hence the docking taking place at six in the morning. However, I was fully aware people would be watching which meant both Y/N and I had to look presentable.

"Seabury?" I questioned slightly, looking down to see him writing in his notebook, a quill scratching lightly across the parchment. His eyes met mine once he registered his name, urging me to proceed.

"Please tell a guard to fetch a dress for Y/N, and freshly pressed clothes for myself, you may also fetch the maid." Seabury nodded. Standing up, he made his way to the nearest redcoat and whispered slightly as they stooped down to his level. Nodding the guard quickly made haste in obeying his commands. Seabury returned to his seat opposite me.

"We are docking in..." Seabury's eyes scanned his notebook instantly searching for the information, his finger gliding against the pages.

"...thirty minutes, your majesty. It would be best if yourself and Y/N got dressed." I nodded slightly, rubbing my eyes and rising from the chair I had been seated in.

"Thank you, Seabury." I smiled at him as he rose from his own seat, bowing down.

"No need for all this 'bowing' nonsense Seabury. How many times will I have to tell you?" Seabury chuckled slightly as I bowed down to him, adjusting my cloak on my shoulders. I quickly made my way back to the King's quarters, and to Y/N.

 I quickly made my way back to the King's quarters, and to Y/N