・゚: *✧・゚:* Chapter 18 - Na Stáblaí Ríoga*:・゚✧*:・゚

✧・゚: Chapter 18 - The Royal Mews *:・゚✧

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

✧・゚: Chapter 18 - The Royal Mews *:・゚✧

24th of December 1760

Y/N's POV

Since breakfast Samuel had excused himself, taking the plate, silverware, and glass with him.

Aoibhinn had also dressed me in a beautiful lilac dress. The fabric was a soft slip material, the bodice was decorated with a slightly darker purple embroidery with detailed, white, lace accents around the neckline, sleeves and hemline. The back was low-cut in contrast to the more modest neckline.

My H/C hair was left in its natural waves. The top of my hair was pulled back with a lilac ribbon, my bangs falling from its grasp, the curls framing my face.

I was now leaning back on the sofa, my posture at ease, laughing with Aoibhinn and Oliver about nothing in particular.

My face had returned to its normal shade, the red tearstains fading slowly away as my mood shifted into a better one, choosing to make light of the situation.

A knock sounded at the door. I watched as Oliver rose from his seated position on the sofa, closest to the door as he slowly opened it allowing the person to enter the room, as I focused my eyes back onto the glowing embers of the fireplace, taking in a sharp breath.

"Your majesty." I watched as Oliver bowed to George who had just entered the room, closing the door quietly he took up his usual 'on guard' position beside the door.

I watched George curiously, studying him as he stood silently watching over us, almost as if he wanted us to pretend that he wasn't there. I began to feel uncomfortable as his gaze reached mine, and in typical fashion I lost the staring contest.

The awkwardness was truly getting to me now, I was staring at my hands, placed in my lap, my left thumb and fore finger squeezing each fingertip on my right hand before swapping over to the other side.

George cleared his throat, breaking the unwanted, uncomfortable silence.

"Y/N?" He questioned, his voice low and gentle.

I turned to face George, looking at him intently as he made eye-contact with both Aoibhinn and Oliver before flicking his hand, silently commanding them to leave the room.

I took another sharp inhale, one of which George took notice of, causing him to make his way over to me, my eyes followed him as he walked towards me, flicking back to my hands again as I realised, he was sitting down beside me.

I felt the sofa cushion shift slightly as the male sat, turning to face me.

"Y/N?" He said again leaning in towards me slightly as he reached for my fidgety hands, separating them, and then holding them, his large, warm hands encasing my smaller ones.