・゚: *✧・゚:* Chapter 7 - Chuaigh an Domhan Doiléir *:・゚✧*:・゚

✧・゚: Chapter 7 - The World went Obscure*:・゚✧

17th of December 1760

King George's POV

"She's just so..." I trailed off, my thoughts taking me back to the moment we had shared earlier today, a smile gracing my lips.

Seabury was sat opposite me in the large study, the dark oak floor and wall panelling, contrasted deeply with the bright white paint of the walls. The light streamed through the windows, making the room inviting. The fireplace crackled in the corner, emanating a warm glow throughout the room, the heat radiated pleasantly throughout the room.

Seabury looked at me inquisitively waiting for me to finish my sentence, this annoyed me. I knew I had made a mistake; my job was to serve my country; it was not my intention to fall in love. Though, I could not get her out of my head.

"...we kissed Seabury." Samuel's eyes widened at my blunt tone. I heard him take a sharp breath. Rolling my eyes, I sighed.

"Is this not good, your majesty?" I sighed, I did not want to talk about this, I did not want to have to remind myself that this would be a hopeless love. I quite simply could not put my needs ahead of my kingdom's.

"As I have previously made you aware Seabury, my kingdom's need come before my own romantic endeavours." I stated simply.

"Your majesty, I believe you said that you would not go out of your way to pursue a romantic endeavour, not necessarily that you wouldn't pursue one at all...." Seabury said, trying to cheer me up.

"... you also need an heir to the throne." My lips upturned at the mention of having children, kissing Y/N made me see a life and see a future. I had never pictured a life with anyone before, I had never felt that way about anyone before. I pursed my lips.

"Perhaps you are right Seabury. Though we only have two days to make arrangements." I smiled slightly at him.

"Perhaps she's the one worth pursuing. A whole kingdom of people, and I find my love in Ireland."

Y/N's POV

Pulling down my stirrups and checking my girth, I mounted up on Apollo. He needed some good exercise, with the fields being too muddy I decided to jump him in the sand arena.

Walking around the perimeter of the arena, I thought about the king.

'His majesty kissed me' I thought. 'Why me?' There were many women in his own country never mind Ireland. Ní raibh Ionam ach coitianta, gan tógáil ar ríchíosa – I simply couldn't do it, I wasn't worth it.

My heart fluttered at the thought of returning to England, I had not been there since I was six months old. Maybe I could live there again? Perhaps in a castle, maybe even marrying a king however, my heart also sunk at the thought of leaving my mother, the horses and my life here in Ireland.

I was a very 'safe' person, I always played it safe, I knew that I would be forced to play it safe again, for my mother, for the horses.

-

Moving Apollo in circles, trotting and walking to cool him down was second nature to me. I always made decisions when I was on horseback, it was my time to clear my mind, to think, to breathe. That time was coming to an end as I pulled Apollo down to a walk.

I glanced up towards the large manor, where the King currently resided, it was an ominous shadow cast over the countryside as the orange sunset peeked through the dark, gloomy clouds, threatening to rain on us all.

My eyes traced the windows of the manor, trying to spot some sign of life, as night drew close, I saw a warm, orange glow emanate from the fires lit inside the manor.

Through a window, the King's window, I saw the faint outline of a person. Feeling self-conscious I quickly focused back on Apollo, guiding him into the centre of the arena and quickly dismounting, I walked towards the arena gate, the gate where George and I... never mind. I dragged my eyes away from that fateful spot and quickly distracted myself placing Apollo's saddle on the fence as I walked him out of the gate towards the field.

Finally, with the removal of Apollo's bridle he ran off into the night. I felt content watching his shadow running off to join his herd and as the purple night faded to black, I ensured the gate was closed, and locked up the stable yard for the evening.

-

The heat hit my face as I walked through the backdoor of my house, entering the kitchen, my eyes very quickly fell to my mother preparing dinner on the aga. Removing my boots, I made my way to the kitchen island.

"Y/N sweetie, how was breakfast?" I smiled at my mother remembering the morning's events, she had left to buy the previously abandoned groceries, so this was my first time seeing her today.

"Breakfast was nice mother." I smiled gently before peeking over her shoulder to see what was for dinner.

"Potatoes" I said observing the boiling water in the pot, my appetite suddenly leaving me.

"Yes sweetie, dinner will be ready in 15 minutes if you want to change?" I sighed, as my stomach churned, My face paled.

T/W - Vomiting

"Mother, I don't feel so we..." I felt my stomach churn again feeling the stomach acid rise in my throat I quickly turned on my heels, running across the kitchen, making my way towards the back door, before emptying my stomach contents onto the grass in the back garden.

T/W – Vomiting Over

My mother ran worriedly after me,

"Y/N, oh my gosh." I gently eased myself down onto the grass my head spinning, unable to comprehend my mother's voice screaming for help.

The world was fuzzy, I could vaguely see the outline of my mother's figure, the air felt thick, too thick to breathe. Sound became distorted as it hit my ears, it felt as though I was a million miles away, yet it was too loud all at the same time.

The world faded to black.