・゚: *✧・゚:* Chapter 21 - Fáilte Abhaile, mo Ghrá*:・゚✧*:・゚

✧・゚: Chapter 21 - Welcome Home, my Love *:・゚✧

5th of January 1761

Y/N's POV

"That's all-fine George, I don't mind-" I sighed slightly. My hands trailed their way through my messy H/C locks, as I lay comfortably back on a pillow.

"-however, it doesn't explain why I fell asleep in a castle and woke up on a boat!" I felt a hint of frustration begin to lace its way through my voice, George was being less than forthcoming about the situation, acting as if he had something to hide from me.

I glanced at George's odd demeanour. He sat before me, in clothing dissimilar to what I had seen him wear before. His crown was nowhere to be seen, his short brunette hair was exposed to the open, ruffled by his hand, that had been intermittently dragged through his locks during our conversation.

He wore his normal, familiar style of ruffled dress shirt, this time the top few buttons were undone. However, in place of his usual, silky red breeches, he now wore simple black ones, in place of his usual, silky red ones. He wore a pair of matching black suspenders.

Despite all of this, what caught my attention most was his face. His eyes were sunken and tired, and in his eyes, I saw a hint of something I had seen few times before – anxiety.

"Y/N, I-" George sighed slightly making brief eye contact with me, before standing from his chair opposite me, and moving next to me, on the sofa.

My gaze met his, as he wrapped is arm around my waist, his finger's tracing the soft, cotton, material of my night-dress, soothing the instinctive anxiety that pricked my nerves.

"-I received a letter Y/N. From your mother. She has taken ill and requested your presence at home." My eyes widened at George's words, a small gasp leaving my lips.

"Is she- Is she?" I failed to produce words as George suddenly began shushing me, soothing me.

"No Y/N, I believe she just wishes for you to assist her with the horses, whilst she overcomes her ailment You shall see her when we dock in two hours."

George stood, guiding me up by my waist and walked us over to a small table in the corner of the room, atop of which sat a silver tray, holding a tea pot, and two teacups, a sugar pot and milk jug were placed on the oak desk next to the tray, alongside two teaspoons.

George carefully placed a teacup in front of me as my fingers drummed gently on the surface of the table, my brain both numb and in overdrive at the same time.

George was slowly hovering above me as I felt his right-hand cup my cheek.

"Love?" He whispered gently, his thumb running across my cheek, his fingers entangling into the hair at the nape of my neck. I drowned him out slightly, my mind focusing on worst-case-scenario situations.