15: Bright

"Come on Jules, you've got this." Luke said as the curly haired girl walked away from the group and towards the stage.

Blake watched as the crowd of kids began to leave, wishing she could stop them or even block the doors so Julies peers could hear her powerhouse of a voice.

Blake looked at her friends again, seeing the big smile on her boyfriends face as Julie began to place her hands on the keyboard, playing the opening notes to a familiar song.

Alex's eyes popped as he heard the song too, looking over to Blake then Luke.

Blake however was frozen with a slight frown on her face as Julie began to sing the song. "Bright?" Blake asked herself quietly, shaking her head.

Alex placed his hand on her shoulder, but disappeared as the boys appeared on the stage, playing their instruments.

Blake noticed her sister watching the boys and Julie in awe, Luke motioning for Blake to join them. But the issue was that Blake doesn't have a spot anymore. Julie took her keyboard and lead singer position and by the looks of it the boys don't have a problem with it.

"How come you look so upset?" Quinn asked her sister noticing the strange look on her face.

Blake shook her head. "Too much is going on right now.. I've gotta go." The ghost said before looking back to the stage.

She saw how Luke and Julie shared the mic, their faces inches apart. Blake shook her head and poofed out, leaving Quinn with Flynn.

"Shit." Alex said u see his breath as he saw the familiar grey cloud quickly appear and disappear as Blake left.

Luke looked confused as he noticed the brunette girl leave, turning his head to his blonde bandmate.

The song they were preforming ended and the boys left the stage. "That was crazy! When we play with Julie everyone can see us." Luke said in a cheery tone, looking at the two other ghosts.

"Yeah but where did Blake go?" Reggie asked, peeking around not seeing the brunette girl anywhere.

Quinn approached the group and said "Blake left, she seemed upset about something. Is she always like that.. like upset?"

Luke shook his head as he ran his fingers through his hair. He knew he should've asked Blake about that song, especially since it brought her a good and terrifying memory.

"No.. no I just really screwed up this time.." Luke said, looking to the girls living sister.

"Go find her, I'll tell Julie there was an emergency." Quinn said, shooing Luke away.

Luke nodded, poofing away to check the studio first. He looked all around, no sign of her recently being there. He then checked the only other place he could think of, her house.

Blake laid on her old bed, the same purple comforter was set neatly on her bed.

The brunette felt the bed beside her dip down as the familiar peppermint scent was filling the air.

"You alright?" Luke hesitantly asked, knowing the girl would either snap or crack.

"Seriously Luke? Am I alright?" Blake said in a slightly annoyed tone, shaking her head and turning her back to the boy.

"Blake I know that I should've talked to you before giving her that song but-"

"But what."

"But I figured you would be alright with it. I wasn't thinking about how that song was also part of a bad memory." Luke said, poofing so he was now kneeling in front of her on the floor, their faces centimeters apart.

Blake frowned at the boy, shutting her eyes so she didn't get lost in his big blue eyes.

"Then explain you and Julie!" She said, opening her eyes back up and looking at the boy.

Luke looked down for a second, making the brunette girl frown back at him.

"Nothing is going on between us Blake! I'm with you and I'm really happy with you. It was all in the moment on that stage because I'm so used to you being up there with us." Luke said, reaching out and holding her hand.

"We'll get un-used to it, I'm not going back to music anytime soon." Blake said, trying to flip over so she wasn't facing him but the grip around her hand wouldn't let her.

"What do you mean? Your done with music? That can't happen, Blake we need you!" Luke said as a panic rose in his voice.

"Aren't you at all concerned about why we are here?! I thought we were supposed to cross to heaven, not back to Cali." Blake said her breathing picking up as she spoke.

"Ok well of course I'm concerned about that but why would we have to cross over if we are able to do what we love again?!" Luke asked, only stressing the girl more.

"Luke I just need some time alone. Look, I'm sorry for freaking out about that song but I really need to think. Something bad is going to happen, I can feel it." Blake said, pulling her hand from the boys and pulling her knees to her chest.

A look of hurt came across Luke's face, but he understood. Blake liked her alone time, usually spending it writing a song, catching up on her school work, or hanging new posters in her room.

So, he accepted the girls request for him to leave, giving her a small nod. "You know where to find me." He said before leaving, going back to find the boys.

Meanwhile, Blake laid back down on her bed. She looked straight up at the ceiling, the tears that formed in her eyes moments before began to slowly drip down her face.

She needed a good cry.