20: reunited

"I don't know about this guys.." Reggie said, amazed at the sight of people at this party.

"Yeah well.. you can always hide behind me. I'll be behind Luke.." Alex said, shifting so he was standing behind Luke now.

The brunette boy shook his head and looked at his two friends, then to the sign behind them.

"Hollywood ghost club.. I've never heard of that." He said, nodding his head at the sign.

"That's because you have to be invited here to know about it." Willie said as he appeared beside Luke, scaring Alex. "Now come on, we have a fresh show tonight, and you get to meet the most powerful ghost."

The three boys nodded and followed willie down the grand staircase, going to wherever their table was.

"Don't forget, we have a gig tonight that we can't miss." Reggie reminded the long haired boy, receiving a nod in return.
........................

Blake sat in the back room getting ready for tonight's performance. Since the previous one was cancelled, tonight was her first show.

The brunette girl was nervous. She hasn't really properly performed for a crowd in apparently 25 years, so this was a big thing for her.

But, she wished that when the time came for her to perform, it would be with her own bandmates, not some creepy ghost and his minions.

"Miss Jones we are about to begin." Caleb said as he entered the room, Blake thankful she atleast had some clothes on.

"ever heard of knocking?" She asked with a bit of sass in her tone.

Caleb lifted his finger, giving the girl a small jolt. "What was that?"

Blake rolled her eyes as the man turned his back to her, leaving the room and walking towards the stage.

"Did you miss me!?" Caleb announced as he appeared on the stage, the crowd going wild.

"I did too!"

The crowd cheered again.

"Welcome... to the party of your dreams! From the Egyptians to the Druids, to the person sitting next to you, we've all wondered, Where do we go when that final light is snuffed out? Allow me to show you." Caleb said, beginning to sing the opening song for the night.

Meanwhile, Blake was taking deep breaths backstage, watching the man shoot her a glance every so often to be sure she was even there.

Then, her time to shine came, the man poofing her and the other performers onto the stage.
.....................

"Aren't they great!" Willie said after about 30 seconds of the whole crew being on stage.

The boy stopped smiling when he noticed a shocked and almost angry look on the three boys faces.

"You guys ok?" Willie asked, each boy ignoring him.

Luke looked at Blake's facial expression. He knew the girl was scared. Usually when she performs, she lets loose and relaxes, right now she's all tensed up.

Caleb stopped singing and dismissed all of the other performers to enjoy the party, but keeping Blake up there with him.

"And a round of applause for our newest lead.. Blake!" He said, the girl faking a smile as she waved to the crowd.

But the smile became a relived one when her eyes met Luke's. All of her emotions seemed to turn to a happy one as he gave her the same smile.

Caleb poofed her off of the stage into the back room, but the girl immediately poofed to the main room, running to find Luke.

She felt as if this was some kind of movie where dramatic music plays and the main characters who were in love ran to each other.

Her eyes met the boys once again as she came to the front of the room, jumping into his arms and hugging him.

"Blake.. I'm so, so sorry.." Luke said holding onto the girl tightly.

Willie looked at the two confused, his eyes wide as he realized what was happening.

"Sh-Shes your other bandmate?" Willie asked, Alex nodding.

"Um yeah, why?" Alex said, looking to Willie confused.

Willie shook off whatever was bothering him and smiled. "Nothing, your lucky. She's pretty cool."

For the first time in two days, Blake was letting out a genuine smile. As Luke held onto her she could feel his body relaxing, meaning he was probably stressed about something.

"You shouldn't be sorry.. this is my fault." She said, shaking her head as the boy set her down.

She looked over to Alex and Willie, noticing their small interactions with each other. The smile on Alex's face has never been brighter.

"I know who mystery boy is!" She cheered, Willie giving her a look to not say anything.

Blake just giggled, walking past Willie and giving Alex a hug. "I'm happy your ok Blake." The blonde said into her ear as he leaned down to hug her.

Blake moved over to Reggie, giving her goofy bestfriend his hug. The dark haired boy smiled as the shook the girl in their hug.

"How bad was he?" She whispered to the boy, hearing a soft chuckle.

"Going insane." He whispered back, Blake smirked.

"I see you've met my new project!" Caleb said as he approached the group, Blake rolling her eyes.

"I'm not your project." She scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"She's actually our friend, and bandmate." Luke said, putting his arm around the girls shoulders in a protective way.

Caleb glared at her quickly, then smiled at the boys.

"Now, my friend Willie tells me that you boys have some magic of your own?" Caleb asked the boys, looking at Blake every few seconds to annoy her.

Alex began to ramble on about him and Willie, stuttering as he started to get uncomfortable, Luke going in to save them.

"Yeah but we can't wave our arms and become visible." Luke said, both Alex and Willie sighed in relief.

Blake zoned out as Caleb spoke about his powers. She hated how his favorite topic was himself, not one conversation he's been involved in hasn't mentioned him.

The girl was standing there, messing round with the rings on Luke's fingers like she usually did when nervous. She wanted to get the four of them out of there before Caleb did anything to the boys.

"Dude that guys amazing!" Reggie said in shock as they all sat at the table.

Blake shook her head. "Your kidding right?"

The boys all furrowed their eyebrows as they looked to the girl. "What are you talking about?" They all asked, Blake shaking her head.

"This man is evil."