28: Finally Free

"What do you mean your dad grounded you?!" Blake said to Julie as the four ghosts sat in her room.

"Exactly what it sounds like! Flynn didn't wake me up for class and I missed a math test." Julie said, falling back into her bed.

Luke nodded, the four ghosts understanding rays anger towards Julie right now.

"Well, this isn't good. There are a bunch of important manager people at the cafe right now." Alex said, waving his arms around.

"Look, what are we going to do about my aunt? She's right downstairs." Julie said, pointing to her bedroom door.

As they all looked towards the door, julies bedroom window opened and Quinn was hanging over the ledge.

"Holy shit Quinn. Get down before you get hurt." Blake said, Quinn just laughing.

"Oh calm down, I sat here like this for an hour one time waiting for Julie." The blonde girl said, climbing into the room. "What's with the faces?"

Blake smirked at her sister, putting her arm around her shoulders. "Ray grounded her for skipping class."

Quinn smirked too, her and Blake having the same exact idea. The boys were quick to notice the sparkle in the sisters eyes, becoming suspicious.

"Oh no. Quinn and Blake have Blake's idea face on.." Reggie said, stepping back.

The sisters looked at each other, then to Julie. "Get ready, your gonna be doing some climbing tonight." Blake said, pointing to the window.

Luke smiled at the girl, giving her a fist bump. "Yeah! Come on Julie.. please..?" He begged her, each of them giving Julie puppy eyes.

"Ok ok! Everyone out, I need to change." Julie said, the ghosts poofing out and Quinn climbing out of the window. "You know there's a door right?"

Quinn laughed. "I don't need you in more trouble. I'll be in the car."
...................

"Next up! Dirty candy!" The man on stage announced, a group of colorful girls strutting onto the stage.

"Holy shit." Blake said, the bright colors almost giving her a headache.

Luke just laughed at her, putting an arm around her waist. "At least they don't sound as bad as their name. Who names a band dirty candy?"

Reggie sighed. "Robert Wilson's daughter would. She's the pink one, I remember seeing her when we went to his house."

"How about the tall blonde one?" Blake asked, laughing as the boys noticed she was talking about Alex.. who was now on stage.

"What the- ALEX!" The brunette boy said, laughing as him and Reggie noticed alex on stage.

Blake couldn't control her laughing, seeing Alex up there was the highlight of her afterlife.

"Hey guys what did I mi-" Quinn said as her and Julie joined the three ghosts, pausing when she noticed Alex. "Go off Alex!" She cheered.

Blake smiled at her sister, putting her head against hers. "Is it just a Jones thing to be short?" Reggie asked with a smirk, The two girls glaring to him.

"Your not that much taller Reg. Should I be a giant Like Alex?" Quinn said with a smirk.
................

"And now, Julie and the phatones?" The man on stage said, the three girls looking at Luke.

"You had one job man.." Quinn said.

"Don't worry, we always got our name messed up at gigs. Which one of you let Luke write this one down." Blake said, looking to the dark and blonde haired boys.

Alex and Reggie shook their heads and they all watched Julie go on stage. "It's actually Julie and the phantoms." She said.

No reaction.

"Alright.."

The keyboard began to play as Julies fingers touched the keys.

"Hearts on fire
We're no liars
So we say what we wanna say
I'm awakened
No more faking
So we push all our fears away" Blake sang, being the first to appear on stage.

The crowd was shocked, seeing that the first "hologram" had arrived as they waited for the others. But they were also confused, they didn't know that a girl was going to show up. They only knew about the boys.

The boys all showed up too, their instruments playing loudly to the music.

Blake felt free. She felt like performing again was all she needed to do to find herself.

After she died, she had the large puzzle piece missing from her heart. When the boys came back, the puzzle piece was found, except for a little chip what was missing.

That chip being music.

"I got a spark in me" Blake began, taking the microphone off the stand and approaching Luke.

"I got a spark in me" Luke echoed, slowly moving closed to Blake, their eyes like magnets.

"And you're a part of me" Blake sang, moving her mic to Luke so his voice would be heard.

"Now 'til eternity" Blake sang, a rasp in her voice giving making Luke only fall more in love with her.

"Now 'til eternity" the brunette boy echoed, his voice doing the same rasp, sending a bowl of butterflies to Blake's stomach, the girl biting her lip.

"Been so long, and now we're finally free" Blake sang, Luke smiling at her as they each moved apart, Blake belting out the note like a champ.

The crowd could see how bad Luke wanted to kiss the girl during their small duet. The glow in his eyes visible to everyone.

Quinn saw it too. As much as she wanted to be the annoying little sister to Blake, she couldn't help but be happy.

The four ghosts reappeared by Quinn and Flynn, Luke immediately giving Blake a kiss.

"Sorry. I just really wanted to kiss you on stage." He said with a smirk, making Blake smirk as well.

"Adorable, But gross. That performance was SICK!" Quinn said, smiling at the ghosts and Julie.

"What can we say, we got our secret weapon.."

"Julie!"

"Dad..?"

"Shit.." Blake said, seeing Julies father show up at the cafe.