30: Jolts

"Wakey wakey Blakey!" Reggie said to the girl who slept on the couch, waking her from her sleep. "Sorry, no one else wanted to wake you up.. but we have another gig tonight!"

"Of course we do.. you guys aren't really good at telling me ahead of time." Blake said as she sat up, feeling Luke's arm around her.

"We didn't know about it either. Julies dad felt bad about making Julie miss her chance to speak to the manager last night.. so he offered her a gig for tonight in the backyard." Reggie said, making Blake raise an eyebrow.

Luke laughed and said "hey, we know it's not our ideal gig.. but, Julie said he was going to record us and put it on the internet."

Blake nodded and stood from the couch, crossing her arms. "So, what song are you doing tonight?" She asked.

"You mean what song are WE doing. Your performing with us too. The crowd loved you last night." Alex said, pointing his drumstick at the girl.

Blake giggled as the three boys gave her a look. As much as she wanted them to have the spotlight with Julie, she knew that this performance tonight would result in her joining them anyways.

"Of course they loved me. I was the cutest person on that stage." Blake joked, flipping her hair.

Alex and Reggie laughed at the girl while Luke smirked. "Your not wrong." The brunette boy said, tightening his grip around her.

"Ok I'm gonna go find Julie and get her approval for the song." Luke said, standing from the couch and poofing off.

"I never got my answer though.. what song are we doing?" Blake asked, waving her hands and stepping towards the keyboard.

"Well Luke and Julie finished up that new song 'Edge of great' so we are most likely doing that." Alex said, blake nodding her head.

Reggie noticed the tiny fall her emotions took as a frown formed on her face. "What's wrong?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at the girl.

Blake shook her head. "Sorry.. it's stupid." She said trying to ignore the conversation that was about to erupt.

"Come on.. we won't tell!" Reggie begged, Alex hitting his arm.

"It's just- do you think Luke is starting to like-like Julie?" Blake asked, hesitance in her voice. "I-I mean.. he's written more songs with her than he has with me. Since we've died.."

Alex and Reggie paused and looked at the girl like she was going insane. "Your kidding right? Blake, Luke can't go one minute without taking about you." Alex said.

Reggie nodded. "Yeah, that boy is Blake crazy. I would legitimately go join calebs club if he ever stopped liking you." The dark haired boy said.

Blake nodded as her familiar smile came back, lightly pressing the keys to the song.

A sudden jolt went through the ghosts body just as Luke reappeared in the studio behind Blake, the girl landing on top of him as they fell over.

"Ah crap." She said, rubbing her chest where she got zapped.

Luke stood up, lifting the girl up with him. "You alright bubs?" He whispered into her ear, Blake nodding.

"I could be better." She said, slightly laughing.

Blake made her way to the couch, sitting down and catching her breath. "You sure?" He asked again, sitting down next to her.

Blake nodded, leaning her head on his shoulder. "I'm ok, i promise. I just need a nap.. wake me up when Julie gets home."  She said, leaning the opposite way and shutting her eyes.

Luke looked at the other two concerned, not exactly knowing how to deal with this right now. He knew something was bothering her, but he couldn't figure out what.
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

"Someone's a little sleepy." Julie said as her and Quinn entered the studio after school, spotting Blake fast asleep on the couch.

Luke nodded. "Yeah. She um.. she didn't really feel well earlier." The brunette said, not wanting to tell Julie or Quinn about the jolts just yet.

Alex glanced over at Luke, not agreeing that he hid this from the girls. But, they knew it would be safer for them right now.

"Is she going to be able to perform tonight?" Quinn asked, sitting in the arm chair beside the couch.

Reggie nodded. "This girl had never missed a performance. Well, she did once but that's a whole big story." The boy said, lifting his bass over his shoulder to rehearse.

"Ooo I like stories. Tell me." Quinn said, crossing her legs and leaning forward.

Luke glanced over to Blake, then at the guys. He didn't want to tell Quinn about Blake's more "traumatic" times.. but she is her sister.

"She had ran away from home, found her at the beach the next morning." Luke said, trying to keep away from the major details.

The two girls nodded. "So, Julie told me your performing "Edge of Great"? One of my favorites." Quinn said, noticing her sister slightly move on the couch.

"What'd I miss?" Blake asked, slowly opening her eyes and scratching her head. She heard a small laugh come from her sister, lightly whacking her arm. "I told you guys to wake me up when they got here."

Alex nodded. "Exactly. Your scary when someone wakes you up. Your like.. a, how do I put this nicely.. a demon." The blonde boy said, the other two nodding to agree.

"Oh I'm not that bad guys.." Blake said, sitting up from the couch and attempting to stand, only to fall back.

Luke gave her a worried look. He could see how weak she looked from that jolt earlier, but he didn't know how to help her.

"Blake, you alright?" He asked, the others having the same concerned faces.

"I'm- im ok. I don't think I can perform tonight.." she said, rubbing her knees.

Luke frowned, moving so he sat next to her on the couch. "You sure?" He asked.

Blake nodded. "I don't want to risk embarrassing Julie because for some reason I just can't stand." She said, Julie looking over to her.

"Blake.. we can figure it out. You can still perform! You can just... sit!" Julie said, trying to smile and make everything better.

Blake shook her head. "Not tonight Jules. Besides, I'll be watching you guys from the crowd."

Alex frowned. "But-"

"No, you guys can go a performance without me. You've done it before." She reassured them. "Now go rehearse, I need to hear what we are dealing with tonight."