6: wake up

As Blake's body relaxed against the semi soft mattress of the fold out bed, show pulled a blanket over herself and shut her eyes.

She felt at peace again. That was until she felt someone else's arm touch hers.

Her body tensed up as she jumped a little bit, still trying to get used to someone else touching her after the whole Michael situation. Yes, she hasn't gotten over that.

"It's just me.." she heard Luke's voice say, felling her body get pulled closer to his. "You ok? We stopped by your house and didn't see you anywhere."

Blake nodded. "He's still an asshole." She said, lifting her head to look up at the boy.

"Who's an asshole?" Luke asked, knowing there could be many people she could mean.

"My dad. He hates music even more now and won't let Quinn play." Blake said, shaking her head.

Luke stayed silent. "What do you mean, why would he care what Quinn does?"

Blake put her head against the boys chest and said, "because she's my sister.. they had her after I died I guess."

"That makes no sense." Reggie said, appearing in the room with Alex just as Blake had said that.

"Yeah.. we never got to finish telling you what happened after you died." Alex said, a frown growing in his face.

"Alex what else happened.."

"Your parents got a divorce.." Alex said, a small cry coming from Blake.

Although the brown haired girl hated her parents together, she felt sorry for her mom. She knew that it was probably her dad who wanted one considering they didn't love each other anymore, only staying together for Blake's childhood.

Lukes hand went up against her head, rubbing it as she softly cried into his chest. "I'm not even sad.." she said, trying to let out a small giggle.

"Your not sad about your parents to splitting up?" Luke asked, confused with the girls emotions.

"N-no. I'm happy. But I'm sad that after everything they're back together causing Quinn the same trouble I had." She said, shaking her head.

"Look let's go out again, see what clubs or music spots are around." Luke suggested, the group all smiling as they poofed away to sunset boulevard.

"So, what do we do now that we are dead.. haunt people?" Reggie asked as the group walked down the road.

"I don't know.. maybe we can do some more with music.. I mean we are able to be heard so.." Blake said, smiling at her friends.

Luke and Reggie walked ahead of Blake and Alex, fascinated by the lights and people filling sunset boulevard.

"So Alex, how've you been?" Blake asked, neither of them paying attention.

"I've been- ow." Alex said, the two of them being bumped into, causing Blake to stumble over.

"Hey watch it big guy." Blake said, glaring at the tall man who bumped into the two.

"You alright?" Alex asked, dusting off his hoodie from falling.

"I'm fine. I would be better if big guy would watch his steps." Blake said, glaring back at the man, noticing his head turn a little bit.

"Oh shit.. he heard me. Run." Blake said, dragging Alex with her towards the other two.

"You guys are slow walkers." Reggie said to the two as they caught up.

Blake giggled. "Remember what happened last time I went ahead?" She said in a joking tone, smiles dropping from the boys faces.

"Blake that's not funny." Reggie said with a pouty face.

The girl just laughed. "Reg it's ok to joke about it. Dark humor doesn't hurt anyone, especially some ghosts." She said, patting her friends shoulder.

"I wonder what happened to sals, do you think he's still in business?" Luke asked as the group approached the alleyways where they used to buy street dogs.

"Luke, his hotdogs killed three teenagers.. why do you think?" Blake said as they stopped in front of the alley, seeing it mostly empty besides they few garbage bags.

"Well McDonald's could've killed many people too but their not closed down." Luke said, raising his finger as if he made a good point.

"McDonald's is also a large business around the world Luke." Blake said with a smirk, jumping onto the boys back.

"Well where should we go?" Alex asked, "I'd rather not stand where I died."

"Let's go by my house, come see the demon in action, oh and Quinn I guess." Blake suggested, Reggie and Alex groaning.

"I'm tired." Reggie complained.

Alex nodded his head to agree, Blake looking over to Luke to see what he though.

"You two go back to the studio then. I will stay with miss Jones." Luke said with a smirk, the two ghosts poofing away.

"I still can't believe your here." Luke said as the couple walked down the road, holding each others hands.

"Well.. I for sure thought I'd never see you again. But I do have a question." Blake said, stopping and looking at Luke.

"Mhm?"

"After I died, was there anyone else you started to like? And be brutally honest. I can take it." Blake nervously asked, scared for the answer she would receive.

"Well.."

Blake took a deep breath, waiting for him to finish.

"No, of course not. Your the only girl I'd ever be interested in." Luke said, noticing the girl sigh in relief. "What? You thought I'd just move in that fast?"

Blake nodded. "Yeah. Your Luke Patterson, the best looking kid in los Feliz high school. I thought for sure you'd move on to one if the other girls there."

Luke stood in front of the girl, tucking her hair behind her ear and leaving his hand on her cheek. Blake leaned her head into his hand so it was fully resting on it with a smile.

"Blake Jones, if I couldn't have you, I would bother with any other girl. I don't care if they're pretty or nice, no one compares to you. Ok?" Luke said to the girl in a soft tone.

Blake smiled as he leaned closer, passionately kissing her. Butterflies filled Blake's stomach as they stood there, the girl feeling like her life was complete.

The couple spent the night together, wandering around sunset boulevard, deciding to head home as the sun began to rise.

As they appeared in the studio, they heard a girl singing, then spotted a shocked Reggie and Alex beside them.

Blake's hand went over her mouth, listening to her new living friend sing, something she said she didn't do.

As she finished, Alex leaned forward to hug her, Blake pulling him back and poofing them outside.

"Not a good idea alex.."