"Ain't nobody gonna call the fuzz in this neighborhood, cause they know better!"

"Steve, are you almost done with work?" I ask while spinning around on a spinny chair.

"Almost done, baby." he says, his voice muffled from under the car.

"Okay." I get up from my chair. "I'm gonna go get a Coke. You want one?"

"Sure"

Before going around the corner to get to the store part of the gas station I hear a couple voices.

"Soda! Why can't I come over tonight? I know about the rumble. I could get you guys cleaned up after?" I heard a feminine voice say.

"I already told you, he's over you, Evie. He moved on. He's happy now." Soda said firmly. I decided to go get those Cokes. I round the corner and see a girl with brown hair and blue eyes. She had make-up caked all over her face. She wore a skirt -that was too short in my opinion- and a denim jacket.

"Oh, hey Kael. What are ya up to?" Soda turned my way.

"I'm just gettin' a couple of Cokes me me and Steve." I replied and walked over to the fridge. After pulling the drinks out I headed Soda's way to pay.

"Thanks." I say after he hands me some change. 

"Yeah. Um, Mikaela, this is Evie. Evie, this is Mikaela."

"Hi." Evie said, putting on a fake smile. "Steve used to tell me all about you."

"Oh?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Me and Stevie were together, but we broke up a while ago." She giggled, making me shiver.

"Great." I mumbled under my breath.

"So, how long have you known Steve?" She asked.

"Oh, um, since I was three and he was four." I smiled.

"How come I've never seen you around before?" She said, batting her unreasonably long eyelashes.

"I moved to Alaska 10 years ago."

"Oh. Well, I better get going! Say hi to Stevie for me!" She waved before walking out the door.

"Well, you met Evie." Soda smiled nervously.

"Guess so." I scowl before walking into the garage. Steve got out from under the car and gave me a peck on the lips before taking a sip of his Coke.

"Whats wrong?" He frowned and moved a strand of hair away from my face.

"Why didn't you tell me about Evie?" I looked at him.

"How'd you know about Evie?" He looks me in the eye.

"Oh, she came in today, rubbing it in about how you two used to be together. She says hi, by the way." I push away from him a little and turn around so he cant see my face. I know I shouldn't be reacting like this, but he should have at least told me about her. I feel a little left out. 

"What?" He starts chokes on his pop.

"Are you okay?" I wheel around and place a hand on his back.

"Yeah." he says in between coughs. He finally calms down enough to finish is Coke.

"Hey, you guys ready to go?" Soda asked walking in the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Who is it?" Pony asks.

"I dunno." Johnny shrugged.

"Pony, go answer the door!" Steve shouted. I chuckled. Steve and Soda were arm wrestling in the kitchen while Darry and Dal watched. Two-bit, Pony, Johnny and I were watching TV.

Pony groaned and got up from the couch where he ad been sitting between Johnny and I. Out of the corner of my eye I could see some movement. I looked over. Steve was standing in the living room shirtless, he had just taken a shower so his hair was dripping water. His gaze was fixed on the TV. I snapped my mouth shut after realizing that it was hanging open.

"Hey Two-bit, your girlfriend is here!" Pony yelled from the door. Two-bit sprang to his feet and welcomed the girl inside. He sent me a look as if to say, 'Get over here.' I got up from the couch and walked over to my brother.

"Aria, this is my sister Mikaela. Mikaela, this is my girl Aria." Two-bit smiled.

"Hey Kaela." He whispered.

"Yeah?"

"You might wanna wipe your mouth off, you were droolin' over Steve a little bit ago." he said then burst out laughing.

"Shut up." I glared at him then smacked him on the arm. I glanced back over at Steve, who smiled at me. I couldn't help but smile back.

"You're droolin' again!" Two-bit giggled. I turned around and grabbed him by the ear. Before I knew it, Two had me tackled on the ground, one leg over both of mine and an arm wrapped under my chin.

"I'm gonna cut off your air!" He warned while I struggled to get loose.

"C'mon Two-bit, lay off." Darry said.

"Yeah Two, lay off." I wheezed, my ears getting hot.

"Holler uncle!" he demanded.

"No." I said while struggling to get a breath in.

I kept struggling to get out of his grasp. I kicked him, I slapped him, I tried everything.

"Uncle!" I wheezed.

Two-bit let go of me and stood up. I slowly got up still trying to catch my breath. My breathing finally steadied when Darry spoke.

"It's dark, let's head out."

The gang shot up and started hollerin'. Steve was the loudest. His cry could be heard from a mile -or more- away. Steve walked over and grabbed my face and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"C'mon, can you guys not do that?!" Two-bit shrieked.

"I'll see you in a couple hours, okay?" Steve asked after pulling apart. I nodded my head and gave him a kiss on the lips.

"Don't get hurt too bad, alright?" I pleaded before he reached the door.

"Can't make any promises." Steve smirked and with that he was gone.

I looked out the window and saw Steve doing a flip off of Darry's truck. Moments later I saw him sort of tackle Soda, but it was more like a hug. I smiled at the sight of him rough housing.

"Ain't nobody gonna call the fuzz in this neighborhood, cause they know better!" I could hear him shout. Once they were out of sight I managed to tear my eyes away from the window. I sat on the couch and looked to the TV.

"So, how are you and Two-bit?: I asked and turned to look at Aria.

"Good!" She smiled.

"That's good." I said niddong my head slightly.

"What about you and Steve?" Aria asked.

"We're good." I smiled lightly.

"I see the way he looks at ya, he's crazy about ya."

I blushed and smiled bigger.

Aria and I talked a while longer and then I ended up slipping off into a dreamless sleep.

_______________

I updated! Yay!

Also, should I kinda tie the story into Red Dawn (1984)?