Read the bible

I have to work at the register today since Steve needs Soda's help with the car.

"Hi, is Steve here?"

I look up and see Evie standing in front of me. Great.

"Yeah, he's back in the garage with Soda." I tell her.

"Thanks."

"No problem." I mumble.

I play with one of the pens on the counter before Evie comes stomping over to me.

"Has Steve told you that he loves you and only you and that he always will?"

I nod my head slowly.

"Well, he used to tell me that. So you might think he loves you, but he doesn't."

My stomach drops and I sort of freeze.

"You should know, he has a history of cheating, too. Once he gets what he wants from you, he'll come running back to me, you'll see." Evie snarls and walks out of the DX, leaving me standing behind the counter in shock.

"Kael, what'd she say to you?" I feel an arm sneak around my waist. 

"Nothing." I say and put on a fake smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We should do something." Steve pipes up, his arms wrapped around me.

"Read the bible." I mumble.

"I like reading." Steve says and buries his head in my neck.

"Go read then." I say flatly, staring at the wall.

"Okay, c'mon." Steve says almost hyper like.

"Stop, Steve."

"Just come on, lets go do something. Anything." he whines.

"Just stop, Steve." I grumble.

"What did I do?" he asks, raising his voice slightly. I can tell he's sitting up now.

"Just leave me alone for a bit, okay?" I ask, still staring at the same spot on the wall.

"Fine." Steve grumbles and slams the door slightly when he leaves, making me flinch.

I think about what Evie said.

I find a tear escaping my eye.

I can hear voices in the living room but I don't bother trying to hear what they say. Instead, I wrap my arms around myself. I know I hurt Steve by lashing out at him. He didn't deserve it. I end up falling asleep soon after.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's going on with you and Steve, huh?" Soda asks while I spin around on a chair behind the counter.

"Nothing." I reply still spinning around.

"Oh, don't give me that crap." Soda chuckles lightly.

"It's nothing, Soda. Just drop it." I lie again.

"Yeah. Well why is my best friend moping around int here. He's got a short temper right now and he told me what happened last night. He doesn't even want to work on the car. He deserves to know why you acted the way you did."

"What, so now you're mad at me, too?"

"Dammit, Soda, where are you?" Steve yells. Soda runs to the garage and I continue spinning around.

"Mikaela?"

I stop and face the DX entrance.

"Ezekiel?"

******************

Any guesses on who Ezekiel is?

What he's doing there?

Kinda short, again, and a bit of drama, oop.

Let me know what you thought of it!