Pony, You Owe Me A Dollar

"Hey Mikaela!" Two-bit greets while I walk into the living room, exhausted. I'm so tired and surprised that I haven't passed out yet.

"Hey Two." I grumble groggily.

"What're ya doin' wearing Steve's shirt?" Soda chuckles. I had slipped on Steve's DX shirt after I woke up.

"It's comfy." I defend, my eyes wanting to close.
Soda was at one end of the couch, while Steve was on another. Two-bit was standinng in the kitchen with a beer in his hand. I'm guessing Darry was at work and Dally was at Buck's. Johnny and Pony were sitting on the floor watching TV.
I walked over to the couch and plopped myself next to Steve, wrapping my arms around his waist and laying my head in his lap. I close my eyes, wanting to sleep. Steve sets a hand on my side.

"She really likes you, ya know that, Steve?" Two-bit says, thinking I'm asleep. "She even told me."

"Are you guys together yet?" I hear Sodapop ask.

"Yeah." Steve hums.

"Ha! Pony, you owe me a dollar!" Two-bit yells.

"Quiet Two-bit!" Steve scolds, "She's sleeping."

"When did you guys make it official?" Soda questions.

"Last night."

"Oh." Two says.

"We better get to work Steve, don't wanna be late."

"I don't want to wake Kael up. She seems exhausted." Steve whines.

"What did you guys do last night?" Soda laughs. "Anyway. She can come with if she wants."

"Alright." Steve agrees and lightly shakes me. "Kael, wake up. I gotta go to work."

"I don't want you to go." I grumble, tightening my arms around his waist.

"You can come with."

"Okay." I mumble and sit up.
Steve stands up and heads to the door. Followed by me and Sodapop.

"Steve, can you carry me?" I whine.

"Sure, get on." he says. I jump onto his back, wrapping my arms around him, while he puts his hands under my knees. I lean my head against his back and close my eyes, drifting off to Steve's steady walking pace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, baby, c'mon, wake up." Steve whispers and kisses my forehead. I groan and bury my head into his neck.

"I gotta work, I cant with you on my back." he chuckles. I open my eyes and see that we're in the garage part of the DX.
I slide off of his back and walk over to a small table and sit down, resting my head on my arms. I close my eyes again. I nod off to the sounds of Steve fixing a red, 1961 Corvette.

>>>>>>

I groan and feel arms wrap around me.

"When does your shift end?" I ask.

"It did," Steve says, his breath tickling my ear. "5 minutes ago."
"Have I really been asleep that long?" I question, surprised.
"Yep," Steve says, popping the 'p'. "I think I know what will wake you up, though."

"Oh yeah? And what is that?" I turn around to see a smirk on his face.

"This." he smiles and kisses me. After a couple seconds we pull apart, both of us smiling.

"You were right." I grin and he kisses me again.

"I know y'all are crazy 'bout each other, but can you guys do that later. Maybe sometime when I'm not around?" Soda interrupts, leaning against the door frame to the garage.

"Really Soda?" Steve snaps.

"Sorry bud." Soda apologizes, "We outta get going, though."

"Yeah, yeah." Steve says, getting up.
I follow Steve and he links his hand in mine. I give him a peck on the lips, making him smile.

"Guess I'm third wheel!" Sodapop says, while going in between Steve and I, and putting an arom over both of our shoulders. 
"Dammit Soda!" Steve grumbles, almost yelling.
"Just doin' my job." Soda grins and slides his arms off of our shoulders, then walks in front of us.

"I'm sorry, doll." Steve says.
"Hey, It's not your fault." I look up at him and smile.
"How 'bout I make it up to you," he grins, "Wanna go to the Nightly Double, tonight?"
"Sure, Steve." I smile even more and kiss him on the cheek.

Before I know it we're at the Curtis' house.

"How was spending the day at the DX?" Two-bit asks, taking a bite of cake. Chocolate, of course.
"Wouldn't know." I chuckle and Two-bit gives me a confused look. "I was asleep the whole time."
"Not surprised. Considering the fact that Steve had to carry you there." Two chuckles.
"That, or she's lazy." I hear a voice and see the one person I wished it wouldn't be.

"Heard you and Randle were together." he smirks.

"Yeah, and?" I spit.

"Nothin', just, don't leave those two alone, together."

"You make me sick." I scoff.

"I know, baby." Dallas grins.

Before I can do anything, I feel Steve grab my hand. I look up at him and see the anger in his eyes as he looks at Dallas.

"Why can't you just leave her alone?" Steve pleads.
"What'd you say to me?" Dallas raises his eyebrows. 

I wrap my arms around one of Steve's.

"C'mon Steve." I whisper and pull him away.

I sit on my bed with my legs crossed, while Steve stands by the door. He paces the room while I lay down and close my eyes, still tired.
Steve lays down beside my and wraps his arms around me, burying his head in my neck. While listening to his steady breathing, I managed to drift off to sleep.