Oh, You Know, Cold

I stepped out of the cold airport in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It was fairly warm out so I decided to sit on one of the benches on the side walk and wait for my brother, Keith 'Two-Bit' Mathews. I pulled out a book and started reading, when I start reading everything else just gets blocked out. I finally began to wonder where Keith was, about two hours had passed since I started reading, where could he be? I heard the screeching of tires and honking, I immediately looked up and saw a car in front of me. I closed my book and stuffed it in my backpack and smiled, recognizing the guy in the car. He climbed out of the car and I dropped everything and ran over to him, embracing him in a hug, he stumbled back a little, surprised.

"Keith!" I exclaimed and I tightened my arms.

"Whoa, calm down Kael," he chuckled, I laughed a little, too. I loved it when he called me by my nickname.

"I missed you Keith," I mumbled.

"I missed you, too. We should get your stuff in the car and head back home, the gang is waiting for us, well they don't know you're coming."

"Okay," I said, excited, as I picked up my bags and threw them in the trunk.

"So, what was it like, up in Alaska," Keith asked as we got into the car, both of us in the front.

"Oh, you know, cold," I giggled as he chuckled at me.

The rest of the way home I ended up falling asleep and I dreamed of Alaska, the warm summers and playing in the snow in the winter. I picked up a snowball and threw it at one of my friends. I felt something cold hit my back and I woke up.

"Kael, you alright?" Keith asked, "Anyway, we're here!"

I opened the passenger door and got out. It was a little crisp out and it had gotten dark during the drive. A cold breeze whispered through the trees and I shivered. I proceeded to the trunk of the car and Keith helped me with my bags, I looked up at the Curtis house and smiled.

"Go on inside, I'll get your bags," Keith smiled. I hugged him and kissed his cheek.

"Okay," I walked up the steps to the front door and knocked.

"Who is i-" The door was opened by who I thought I remembered as Darry, I remembered correct, "Mikaela?" 

I nodded and he picked me up and spun me around. I heard voices and a TV inside and Darry set me down, as Keith walked up the steps with my bags.

"Darry, who is it?" I heard a familiar voice and the person it belonged to walked up to the door, once he saw me he smiled and I recognized him as Sodapop.

"Mikaela!" He came over and hugged me.

"Hey Soda," I said smiling.  

"How you been little sis," He asked, that was my nickname for the gang. Since I was the only girl in the gang, I was like everyone's sister.

"Good."

"Hey, Steve, get over here!" Soda yelled. I immediately grew more excited, Steve had been my best friend before I left.

"What is it Soda?" I heard Steve say and he stepped up to the door. His eyes widened when he saw me.

"Kael?" He questioned as he stood there, stunned.

I nodded and he embraced me in a hug, I had missed him so much. Then Steve came over and everyone, but Dallas, joined in the hug. I saw Dallas off to the side. I walked in and he ruffled my hair.

"Hey Dally," I said and laughed.

"You can take my room," Darry said. I didn't want to intrude so I shook my head.

"No, it's alright, I can sleep on the couch."

"Nope, I insist," Darry exclaimed. I finally gave up and brought my bags up to his room. 

I was so tired that I almost fell asleep in the shower, after I got dressed I decided to read and I could hear the guys downstairs talking, I didn't want to interrupt so I stayed upstairs. After reading a few pages I guess my eyes got tired and I fell asleep with the book still in my hand.

I know it was a little long and not that good but this is my first fan fiction, so I would appreciate it if you guys would tell me how you feel about it!