Day 9 | The Gift

Nana's POV

When I awoken the next morning, I smelt freshly made bacon, sausages, and Mac and cheese. A smile arose my chubby cheeks, and I slowly pulled myself out of bed, dragging my feet across the room to the closet. I picked up some clothes, lazily taking out black and pink shorts, and a peachy crop-top. Once I put them on, I walked over to my drawer and pulled out one of my scrunchies and wrapped it around my hair. Tightly secured in place, I huffed then smiled, and headed out the door.

When I got out of the room, I see Zane. He was sitting, sipping some coffee and scrolling on his phone. Zane had an empty plate in front of him, but across from him laid an empty seat, and a plate filled with food. I smiled and waltzed towards the empty seat, and dug into the food. It was yummy and delicious!! Zane is really such a good cook! Honestly, I don't know why my parents abandoned me for so long, without a single text, but I'm glad they chose him! He's the best sitter ever! And he's exceptionally hot.

My face flushed a soft shade of pink as I thought of him as hot. I looked down and continued eating my food in silence. Eventually though, Zane coughed and looked at me, then placed a small bag in front of me. He was still looking down at his phone, and once he had given me the bag, he continued to sip his coffee, not once looking at me. The bag was beautifully decorated, it was medium sized and pink! The wrapping was black, and there was white and golden texts that spelled out "Get Better!" on it.

Not thinking about the letters, I opened it up and pulled out the small box inside the bag. My eyes widen, and so did my mouth when I see a box of Vanilla tea in it! I smiled and admired the box, awing at how amazing it was. I hugged the box and softly thanked Zane. He nodded and placed his now empty cup onto the table. He put his phone away onto the table, and looked up at me. I blinked a couple of times, then slowly placed the box down back into the bag. Zane smiled and started some conversation.

Zane: Hey, by the way, I didn't gift you that.

KC: you..didn't?

Zane: nope, it was a friend of mine. I told her about how you like Vanilla tea, and she wanted to gift it to you earlier, but you were asleep. Not only that but she is unavailable now, since she's away from Mystreet.

KC: ohhhhh, well tell her I said thank you!! This is a very kind and generous gift!! I really love it!

Zane: I will. Anyways, did you sleep well?

KC: Yep!! Well uh, it's kinda boring being trapped in here all day...I wanna go outside! It's almost like we've been stuck here for months, unable to get out...Like a quarantine!

Zane: hmm..yea it does seem that way..but your parents strictly asked me to keep you inside.

KC: why? Is there a virus or something dangerous outside?

Zane: yes. There is evil coffee people. They force you to drink coffee.

KC: oh no!

Zane, smirks: yes, and if you're not careful enough, they'll make you drink coffee too!

KC: nooooo!!!

No one's POV

Zane and Nana laugh at this silly but childish joke. Nana smiled and thanked Zane for taking care of her, once again. Zane nodded and said it wasn't a problem, as he was wrapping the tea back up into the bag. Nana giggled and clapped her hands as she bowed, then thanked Zane once again, but for the meal this time. He pat her head and smiled, his smile was gentle and soft. Nana blushed and screeched as she ran to the living room.