Day 11 | A Visitor

Zane's POV

As I was slowly opening my eyes, I can slightly hear the sound of a door knocking very faintly. I groan and look at the time, and it was 11:45. I sighed and begrudgingly got out of bed. As I walked down the stairs, I could hear the knocking beginning to grow louder. I slam the door open and see two familiar faces.

Zane: what in Irene's name possessed you two to knock on the door so loudly this early in the morning?

Gene: it's literally almost lunch. What do you mean early?

Zane: I know what I said, and I stand by it.

Gene: Whatever. Me and Kenobe are here to see Nana.

Zane: Why? I thought you'd need more time.

Kenobe: Healing magic is hard to use, yes, but I'd like to take a look at something. Where is Nana.

Zane: let's go find out.

Gene: you don't know where she is?

Zane: either the living room or her room.

Kenobe: alright.

Zane: come in, you two are welcomed here any time.

Kenobe: thanks I guess.

Zane: I was being sarcastic in the last bit.

Gene: I know I think I got the memo.

Zane then showed Gene and Kenobe inside, as he locked the door behind them. He yawned as he headed to the living room, but there was no sign of a living person in there. He shrugged and walked up the stairs, knocking on Nana's door. When there was no answer, he just opened the door. There they all see a sleeping Nana, drooling a bit.

Zane: oh well look what we have here? A Nana.

Gene: I think I could see that.

Zane: yeah me too.

Kenobe: shut up you two.

Zane: Alright jeez, why did you want to see Nana anyways?

Kenobe: you'll see.

Kenobe then whispered some words and then stopped after a few minutes. Then he opened his eyes and looked at Nana, slowly approaching closer to her. Kenobe then grabbed Nana by the wrist and placed her hands like an "X" on her chest. She was still asleep throughout this whole process.

Zane: woah woah woah, what are you doing?

Kenobe: it's part of the procedure.

Zane: what procedure?

Kenobe: this one.

Kenobe then bent down on the side of the bed, placing both his hands on the center of the "X" as he whispers words once again. Then he pulled away and sighed as he opened his eyes once more.

Kenobe: Okay I guess that'll do it.

Zane: what just happened.

Gene: I don't understand either.

Kenobe: her mind is going to slowly try to recover, but I'll still need to be here on the 15th day to revive the majority of it.

Zane: and that means..?

Kenobe: she's going to remember small bits and pieces of her life after the age of 13, but it's going to come very slowly. As of right now, she's going to be needing rest for a whole day.

Zane: what why?!

Gene: A whole day?! What about food!

Kenobe: don't worry, she won't wake up.

Zane and Gene: WHAT?!

Kenobe, chuckling: that..sounded bad..I'm sorry. I meant to say is that what I did the first time I was whispering was to keep her from waking up during this procedure.

Zane: and why is it going to last a full 24 hours?!

Kenobe: uhm..so she'll try to remember as much as she can..?

Zane: I-I see..

Kenobe: A whole day is not enough to revive someone's memories. And to be honest this casting is slow rising. It's not a fast process and it takes awhile. But don't worry she'll be fine. I promise.

Zane: O-okay..thank you.

Gene: Don't mention it buddy! Alright, me and my boyfriend are going to leave now. Bye Zane!

Zane: Alright bye!

And with that, Gene and Kenobe walked down the stairs with Zane and left the house. Zane closed and locked the door behind him, then sighed. He walked back to his room and looked at where he left the remains of the notes and decided to read one before he went back to sleep.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dear Zane,

You know what the worst part is about all this? I dated so many guys and you've only dated me. I was dancing around and fooling around with people to people, while you found me. I've been with so many and it feels like I'm just..I have all this experience in dating and you don't, you never have.
You're caring.
You're trying.
And I've been dancing...
Though somehow, despite this being your very first relationship, you've taught me more than I did with my previous relationships. I never took my past relationships seriously, until now. And I feel so bad for that.

Maybe I'm a bad person to have you.

~KC💖

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As Zane read that letter, he sighed and placed the letter on the top. The last letter...was at the very bottom. He gulped and thought about reading it now, but as soon as he decided to do so, he realized he wasn't ready. He looked around and placed the letters in a small pink wooden box with black rims around it. He put the letters in there and reached the top shelf of the bookcase.

There he stored the letters. He sighed once again thought about what was contained in that note. Did Nana really feel bad for dating so many people? Did she want Zane to find someone else? Did Nana think of herself as some person who got around? These thoughts danced around Zane's mind before he slowly but surely, drifted to sleep.

— — — — — — — — — —

Two chapters finished in a row! I'm going to pass out! YEAAAA-

~✨💙