Day 10 | Coffe rush

Let me start this story with an apology for taking forever to write in here. I'm aware it's been a looong while, and I was very busy. Maybe in another chapter I'll go into more depth. Either way, enjoy!

— — — — — — — — — — — —

Zane's POV

As the morning sun had shone through my bedroom window, I yawn awake and look beside my bed only to notice no one laying down beside me. A sudden pain in my chest had formed, my heart was shattered from Nana's actions. My mind still wouldn't sit still, just thinking of the terrible nightmares I've been having, yet waking up knowing she is safe, slightly.

I sat in my bed, just thinking of what I could have done in order to have prevented her from falling. All my thoughts eventually led to me being a terrible boyfriend, but it stopped due to Nana cracking the door open. I look up and see her face curiously staring at me, as if waiting for me to say something. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my clothes from the side of the bed and placed it on.

I walk up to Nana, who let go of the bedroom door and scooted away. I pat her head and walked downstairs to the kitchen. I make some chocolate chip pancakes and placed them in the living room's table. I turned on the TV to 'My Little Horsie' and waited for Nana to come downstairs. Once she did, she slid into the couch comfortably and ate her pancakes.

I smiled as I watched her, mesmerized by the TV and enjoying the pancakes. My smile soon faded and I walk back to the kitchen and make myself a cup of coffee. I yawned yet again as I made coffee, but I felt a strange presence lurking behind me. I slowly turned around and see Nana's head poking out of the kitchen's island and staring at me, her hands were gently placed on the top of the island.

Zane: What?

KC: whatchu doin'?

Zane: Making coffee?

KC: Can I have some?

Zane: ..no?

KC, whining: whyyyy nottt..?

Zane: I don't think you're going to enjoy it..

KC: let me try a widdle bit..

Zane, sighing: Alright you can try a small bit, but after that, no more.

KC: Yaaaay!!!

Zane: I'm already starting to regret this..

Zane then pulled a small mini cup, and placed enough coffee for Nana to try. She eagerly awaited for the coffee, excited to drink it. Zane then grabbed two more mini cups. And placed coffee in them. This has confused Nana, and she cocked her head to the side in such confusion.

In one cup, Zane added no coffee creamer, in another, a small dose, and in the last one, a bit more coffee creamer than the other. He carefully placed each one in front of Nana, and cleared his throat before explaining himself.

Zane: Alright, we have three different types of coffee you may try. This one has no creamer. Feel free to try it.

KC: Okay!

As Zane had said that, Nana grabbed the small cup of coffee and drank it straight. She widened her eyes and turned to her side, coughing and sticking her tongue out.