Day 7 | The Box (Kim's side)

Okay but both Kim and Zane's lives are important rn so hhhh I hate myself but let's do this

Kim's POV

(Flashback..)

As Kim walked home, she placed the box into her backpack and put it onto the stand. She sighed as she was left alone. Garroth and Laurance has left. Garroth left with Garte, while Laurance on the other hand, was buying groceries. Kim walked into the kitchen and washed her hands and face and grabbed a paper towel to dampen her face gently

She prances you the stairs and plops her body on the bed and falls asleep. She snuggles a pillow and sighs in relief. Kim smiled as she falls into a deep sleep, which caused her to forget all about dinner and the box. When Garroth and Laurance found her asleep, they tried to wake her up, but failed miserably, so they decided to make dinner but leaving it out and sleep with her.

They refuse to eat without her

(End of Flashback...)

Kim woke up, and looks at the time. It was the next morning. She groans and begrudgingly gets up, she shuffled her feet on the wooden floor beneath her as she walks down the stairs. She yawns and stretches as she stops in her tracks. Kim was not standing in front of the two boys who are sitting down on the table, eating eggs and bacon on the table. Kim smiles and sits down, grabbing the plate closer to her and starts to dig in.

After she finished her food, she looks up and smiles sweetly at Garroth and Laurance, who both return the smile. She stares down at the table, and gasps loudly. Kim scuttled her feet quickly to the bag, both men look at each other with confusion. Kim comes back and places the box in front of Garroth. He looks at the box and back at Kim, who smiles brightly.

Garroth, raising Ann eyebrow: where'd you get this?

Kim: oh! I went over to Zane's house.

Laurance: oh? How'd it go?

Kim: well, I was gonna apologize to KC but Zane said she can't be seen? So I let it slide.

Garroth: odd but continue.

Kim: anyways, Zane told me to give this to you, Garroth! I don't know what's in a small box like this, but it's yours.

Garroth: you didn't open it, did you?

Kim: of course not! Once I got home I passed out on the bed.

Garroth: good.

Laurance: what's in their anyways?

Garroth: it's something important.

Laurance, leaning closer: like?~

Garroth: something special between Zane and I.
Kim: Huh?

Garroth: check this out.

Garroth smirks and looks at both Laurance and Kim. They both lean closer to the blonde who placed his hands on the box, gripping it tightly. He softens his grip and runs his finger on the engraved craving of the "Z + G" and smiles sweetly. He looks back at the two figures who are now sitting beside him, and he sighs deeply.

He stretches his body a bit and cracks his knuckles and neck. He takes a deep breath and places his hands onto the box once more. He slowly opens the sliding top half of the box and reveals what was inside. Kim and Laurance gasp and stood there in awe as Garroth places the box down onto the table.

Inside was little wooden carvings of Garroth, Zane, and their mom and dad. Garroth held the miniature carvings of himself, and smiled. All the mini wooden statues were pretty dusty, but other than that, it was in fine shape. He dusted them and smiled brightly. Laurance and Kim look at him, wondering if he will tell them what it all means.

He gestures the both of them to sit down, which they obey to. They sat down patiently as Garroth places the dolls onto the table, and closed the box. He gets up and walks off to the room. Minutes later, Garroth comes back with paintbrushes and small tubes of paint.

He places it on the table and looks back at the two figures, who stare at him and then back at the paint. Garroth spreads the paint and brushes. Giving three brushes, to the two brown haired characters. The brushes bristles were pointy but soft, and they were very tiny, like a fine pen.

Garroth lays down the paint onto the table and grabs three small containers and fills them with water. He places it on the left side for each person, giving each of them a container of water, and paint brushes. Laurance and Kim Stare at him, still confused.

He smiles sweetly and sits down, fixing up the paint tubes in an orderly fashion. Garroth looks at both Laurance and Kim, and places his hands down on the table. He takes a deep breath and then speaks.

Garroth: art

Laurance: what

Kim: huh?

Garroth: look, me and Zane never got to finish these. They need a paint job.

Kim: why don't you and Zane paint them then?

Garroth: he's not good at painting.

Laurance: how are we any better?

Garroth: well for starters, there are two of you.

Kim: okay..?

Garroth: I'll give you both one person to paint, and then I'll paint one. I'll show up at Zane's later and tell him I painted three of them so now he has to paint one of them.

Laurance: taking the credit?

Garroth: kinda have to. If I don't he'd never help.

Kim, sighs: alright. But only because I love you.

Laurance: same.

Garroth: you two are the best.

The three started to grab the paint brushes and paint on the miniature carvings of Zane, Zianna, Garte, and Garroth. Garroth painted himself, Laurance painted Zane, and Kim painted Zianna. Leaving Zane to paint Garte.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Well that's gonna turn out horrible considering Zane and Garte don't have the best relationship but alright.

Either way I hope you like this chapter! Stay safe, wash your hands and be cautious!

Bye Potaotes!

~✨💙💙