Day 12 | Calm morning

Zane's POV

As I woke up the next morning, I looked at the time and it was roughly 9:26 in the morning. Looking outside the window, it looked dark out, because it was raining. I sighed as I decided to go check up on Nana. She was still peacefully sleeping on the bed. Nana should be waking up around 12, Aka lunch time, so I decided to take a small break alone. I cleaned up the dishes that were being piled up, I cleaned the living room space of trash, and then took out the trash. Once I had finished cleaning up as much as I could withstood, It was now 9:59.

I made myself some toast, spread some butter on the toast, grabbed a hot cup of coffee, then plopped myself onto the couch. After awhile I got bored, so I peered at the clock to see the time. It was now 11:36, so I thought it would be a good idea to start painting the small wooden doll of my father that me and Garroth made. I begrudgingly got up and walked over to where I left it, and then placed it down onto the kitchen table. I pulled out some paints I had in Nana's room, then started to paint Garte as best and as careful as I could.

Rolling my eyes as I was painting my father, all I could hear was the clock ticking, the refrigerator running, and the rain pattering on the windows. The sound of the rain was pretty, soothing to listen to, so I didn't really want to put on the TV  because of it. As I was getting ready to finish my painting job of Garte, I took a deep sigh. As I placed the paint brushes down onto a paper towel to dry them, I then closed my eyes. The sounds of the rain and clock, I could listen to all day. Soon, I heard the sound of the stairs creaking, so I turn my head and see Nana walking down the stairs yawning.

She crawled up into my lap and purred. Nana wore light pink silky pajamas, and her hair was frizzed up a bit. I pet her head, grabbing the remote to put on MLH on the TV, until her stomach growled. I then gently nudged her off my lap, and made her a plate of chocolate chipped waffles. Nana drooled looking at the plate and scarfed the plate whole. She thanked me for the food, and asked for some more. I shrugged my shoulders and made some waffles for her. As I finished up the second batch of waffles, I turn my head to see her looking at the box, and the painted doll of Garte. She stared at it in awe and curiosity.

Once I finished the waffles, Nana then turned her head to the plate of waffles and made her way to the kitchen table. She yanked the plate away from me and scurried back to the table to enjoy her meal. When she had finished her waffles, she asked for a glass of milk, so I offered her a glass. Nana thanked me and chugged the whole thing, laid back on the couch and sighed. Her eyes were closed, and you could tell she was satisfied with her meal, due to the fact her tail was wagging and her smile gave her away as well. When she opened her eyes, she turned her attention towards me and decided to strike up some conversation.

Nana: So..what's this box? And the doll?

Zane: Ah...well, that's-

Nana: Wait, it looks like that man that was here a couple days ago! Mm..your dad I think.

Zane: I'm impressed.

Nana: Hehe..well, I'm starting to regain some memories.

Zane: Ah...I see. What memories?

Nana: Small ones, but they're all jumbled and don't make sense to me.

Zane: Hmm..let me make a phone call real quick.

Nana: Alright! I'll wait here!

Zane: Yeah sure whatever.