Day 15 | Family Dinner

Zane's POV

After all that cooking that Zane and Garroth have done, it was eventually time for the dinner. Laurance and Kim eventually got to Zane's place around 8, and Nana got downstairs around 7. They started talking at the table as Zane and Garroth were finishing cooking up the food.

It was 9 when Zane and Garroth had finished cooking the dishes, so they put the food onto the plates. They were about to start to get the table set as they heard a knock on the door. Zane shooed Garroth away, telling him to put the plates onto the tables while he opens the door and greet their guests.

Zane: Welcome, mother and father.

Zianna: Awww my little Zuzu! Where's Gargar?

Zane: He's setting the table like I asked him to.

Garte: You shouldn't boss your older brother around.

Zane: He was willing.

Garte: I wanted to be greeted by him, not you.

Zianna: Garte!

Garte: What? Garroth is a lot more likable and handsome! Having to be greeted by Zane is just..wrong.

Zane: Unlucky for you then father, but it is my house. So you get me. Not him.

Garte: Hmph, fine. May we be let in now?

Zane: As much as I'd love to say no to you, father..Of course, father, you may enter my humble home.

Zianna: Thank you Zane.

Garte: Eh.

Zane: Hmph.

Zane closed and locked the door behind them, walking towards the kitchen, where Garroth was placing the wine bottles onto the table. Garte fixed his tie the minute he sat down, Zianna sat on the opposite side of him. Garroth sat between Kim and Laurance, as Zane sat next to Nana.

Garte: This food looks amazing Garroth! It smells fantastic, well balanced and delicious looking. You're such a great cook!

Garroth: Uhm..I only cut, diced, and washed the food. I just prepared the food. Zane did most of the cooking.

Garte: Oh. It doesn't look..too great.

Zane: Oh thanks so much father. How nice of you.

Zianna: I didn't know you were such a great cook Zane!

Zane: Eh.

Garroth: Hehe! Don't be so modest Zane! There's a reason why I just stood there while you cooked.

Zane: So you could eat some of the food when you thought I wasn't looking?

Garroth: H-hey! Not fair! That wasn't the only reason, promise!

Zane: Sure. I believe you, Garroth.

Zianna: It's so good to see you two boys getting along!

Zane: We're getting along fine.