Dr. Johnson

"... 3 weeks. Would you like to hear the heartbeat?" Marcus dad asked calmly but I could hear the disappointment in his voice. "I would love to hear the heartbeat!" Listening to the heartbeat and seeing Marcus's face was unimaginable. It made everything real. I was completely happy. But only for a moment, I looked over to see my sister and my smile faded. She forced an uneasy smile. I know she was happy for me but how could I expect her to be overjoyed? "Mr. Johnson?" "Yes ma'am? And I think it's time to drop the formal title. You're carrying my grandchild." "Yes sir... But I think my sister wanted to ask you something privately." "What's wrong Tichey?" She looked over at us with without saying a word. But her eyes said everything. Mr. Johnson wiped the jelly off of my stomach and I pulled my shirt down. Marcus and I walked out of the room, closing the door behind us. "What's up Tichey?" "Dr. Johnson..." "Yes?" "I think that I'm--" "Please don't say pregnant too!" Chey got teary-eyed. "Goodness! You girls--" he cut himself off when he saw the look on Chey's face and he hugged her. "When was you last cycle?" "Like a month in a half ago..." He looked shocked for a while. "... then I won't give you a test. Hop up here on the table baby" Mr. Johnson said sadly. He raised her shirt. "This maybe cold... Hmmm... Well..." "What is it?" "Nothing sweetheart don't worry." He continued ultrasound. "Why can't I hear my baby's heartbeat?!" Chey said with panic. "... Tichey" "What is it Mr. Johnson!? Please tell me!" "You're not pregnant.." "Well why haven't I had a period? Why was the test positive?!"

"...I believe you have a pseudo-tumor"