Family Problems

"Oh it's just y'all." I say to my friends. "Well excuse the fuck out of us for checking on yo ass!" Lay says pushing me out the way of the door so that they could come in. "Naw it came out wrong. I thought y'all was somebody else." I say to my friends. "Who you thought it was?" Tee asks. Jay answers for me. "Probably Marcus. They gotta make up you know." she says laughing. "Shut up" I say jokingly. "But y'all come on up to my room. Chey somewhere." "This big ass house she probably lost." Lay says teasingly. "Anyways." I reply. "Where she go? CHEY! CHEEEEEEY!" She walks out of Mom's room. "Mom wants you." She gives me an encouraging nod and takes our friends to my room to wait for me. I walk in to see Mom sitting on the bed with tears in her eyes. "What's wrong Momma? Don't cry. I'm sorry for what I said. I ain't mean it." "Yes you did Kris. And it struck a nerve. I know you ain't mean to say it. But yeah. You meant what you said. And I think it's time for me to stop protecting your father. It's time for you to know too what he did. It's not my fault we got a divorce. It's his. I tried." "What you mean Ma?" Just then I hear the door. "Hold on Momma someone's at the door. We will finish this conversation in a minute." I wipe the tears from her eyes and give her a hug. "I love you Momma." She gives me a smirk. "I love you too baby." I shut the door behind me, wondering what she could have possibly meant. I open the front door and it's Marcus. He opens his arms and leans in for a hug. I move away. "Hey Kris" he says softly looking in my eyes. I know he knows me enough to see the sadness in my eyes so I look away and dryly say "Marcus." "Kris let me explain." I cut him off and instantly, like a reflex, I began yelling at him. I couldn't hold the tears back any longer. And I tell him exactly how I feel. "How could you! After everything we've been through Devon?" When I call him by his middle name he knows I'm pissed. "And Ashley of all people! The fuck? You was willing to leave your bestfriend for Ashley? You hurt me! You knew how serious I was and you just hopped your light skinned ass in the car." I push him in his stomach. Marcus is very tall and muscular. So his stomach was hard. And he was taking the licks I intended to hurt him with ease. "I hate you." I went to push him again but he grabbed both of my hands. Grabbing me and looking me in my eyes. I calm down and he wipes the tears from my eyes. I can tell looking at him he's hurt as well. He kisses my forehead and hugs me. "You're angry with me Kris. You don't hate me." "You chose that no good hoe over me and-" I was cut off by a kiss. A slow and passionate kiss. When our lips met the world around us stopped. His lips were so soft. He pulled me closer to him. When I came to my senses I pushed him back. "The hell are you doing Marcus! You are not about to play with my emotions! You're not about to kiss Ashley and expect me to allow this to happen." "Let me explain that to you now." He guides me over to the couch. "It wasn't like you think...."