The Plan

"We came right away! What's wrong?!" Tee asks panicked as she meets me getting out the car. "You okay?" Lay asks. Jay stares at me "it's about Marcus isn't it?" "Yeah..." "What he do this time? That boy is forever fucking up. I told him last tim--" "I'm pregnant." Jay looks shocked. Tee hugs me for a long time and eventual they all join in. "What are you going to do?" lay asks gently as she backs off from the hug. "What you mean Lay? I'm gone keep it. It's my baby." "I mean I know you gone keep it. You ain't got no choice but too. But what about school? What's about our plans for after college?" I start to cry. "I don't know Lay! This wasn't in the plan." Tee hugs me again and tighter. "We gone go to college still AND our plans aren't going to change. We're going to be here for you through everything." they all agree. "I really don't feel like going home. Let's all be together tonight." "Yeah we can stay at my house." Jay suggests. "Okay lemme call Marcus and let him know.... hmm that's strange" "What is?" Tee asks. I put the phone on speaker. "Chill Kyle! It wasn't intentional! I ain't try to get her knocked up. I ain't ready for no kids!" "You was supposed to get her mind off Daquan for a while. At least until we got finished with the shit we had to take care of." "I know fam! I fucked up!" "Did you fall in love with her?" "Hell nawl! Feelings never come before a job!" "Well you fix the shit. Daquan will be back for her when he get back." "Iight fam I got-- SHIT!" The phone cuts off.