The Phone Call

"Kristyn?" "Mike?" "You okay?" "How did you know? And yea I'm fine." "You never could lie to me and ole boy tweeted about it." "Why are you calling me? How long has it been? A year? Two?" "I was just checking on you Kris. Letting you know I'm here for you. And I love you." "Where was that Mike at when we were together? Huh?" *silence* "Exactly. So please don't come at me with that bulshit. My feelings didn't matter to you too much when you were screwing my friend did it? I just think its funny how I'm worth you caring for now." "Are you finished? Because I've got something to say." "I'm listening" "Okay yea I was wrong for what I did. Yea you have every right to be mad at me. But I can't change the past. The person I was before I graduated. But I've apologized again and again after that. And I mean it! And yea it's been awhile since we've talked but how can we if you won't answer my calls or texts? Huh? We made a pact from the beginning that we were going to always be cool. No matter what. Remember? *laughs softly* you know when we pinky promised and I asked you to be my girlfriend. And you fell off the couch laughing?" I laugh remembering the day. "What?! Did I just make Ms. Kristyn Elyse Stewart laugh? Wow!" "Mike don't do that." "Do what Kris?" "Act like this is like old times. We'll never have that again." "But we can have better." "I can't do this. Especially not tonight. Bye Mike." I hang up and turn my phone off. How much bullshit can one go through in a night? With my mind wondering I finally drift off to sleep.