No More Secrets

"Why wouldn't I go with him? Why would I do anything you say Marcus?" I yelled. "Because Kristyn! Daquan doesn't love you!" Marcus shot back. "Oh, and you do huh? I'm tired of this shit! Somebody needs to tell me something! And I want the damn truth. No more secrets. No more lies. I really can't handle this anymore. I don't know who to trust. Or who to turn to." I back away from the car. Marcus and Daquan look at each other and nod. "Okay Kris..." Daquan says softly. "But not here. We have to go somewhere safe. We'll explain everything. I know you can't handle this stress with everything going on. And I'm sorry I was one of the factors in your sadness." Daquan hugs me. "Marcus, take her to the safe house. I'll be behind you. I'll take the long way just in case Mike is still lurking." Marcus shakes Daquan's hand and opens the passenger side door for me. "It'll all make sense after while Kris. I promise." Marcus kisses my forehead, rubs my stomach, and shuts the door behind me.
          At this point, I really don't know how to feel about any of it. Was what Marcus and I had ever real? Did Daquan ever love me? What did Mike have to do with any of this? Kyle, I don't even know what to say about him. Why do we have to go to a safe house to talk?
         The drive there was long. Marcus held my hand. He stroked if gently with his thumb and every now and then he would kiss it. He told me over and over how much I meant to him. And how much he loved me. And how sorry he was for me having to hear that conversation. I don't know if I believe any of it at this point. But I mean, that's the father of my unborn child. We have to at least talk about it.
        About an hour later, we pull up at a nice, double wide trailer, in the middle of no where. Marcus gets out and goes around to open my door. "Come on Love. I'll start explaining as soon as we get in. I hope you believe me, I really can't lose you. Or my son." Marcus says holding my hand and guiding me inside. I began to say a silent prayer in my mind. "Lord, give me the strength to deal with whatever this is going on. Give me the compassion to understand. Give me the heart to accept. And please give me the ears to discern between the truth and lies. Let Your will be done. Amen."