Decisions Decisions

I stare at the phone for a while before returning back to the movie. "Who was that? Marcus?" Chey asks. "No, Momma." "What did she want?" "To tell me that Kyle was in a bad accident." "OMG! Are you serious? Let's go." I don't move. "Kris! Come on." I continue to watch the movie. "You not going to check on your brother?" Jay asks confused. "Why should I? He wasn't concerned about my wellbeing so why should I be concerned about his?" "But Kris two wrongs don't make a right." Jay responds. "Three lefts makes a right though." Tee and Lay chuckles a little. "You don't see nothing wrong with her not going?" Jay asks Tee and Lay. "Personally, I can't tell her what to do or not to do. However, I do see her point. She's really angry with him. He did her beyond dirty. I can't fault her for not wanting to go and be with him. But I do think she'll feel guilty if she doesn't go." Lay says. And when she said that it set in that my brother was in an accident. I had to go. No matter how angry I was, nothing worth more than his life. I get up and head to the car with Chey. We leave our friends behind. On the way to the hospital I had mixed emotions. I wanted Kyle to be hurt badly. But not bad enough to die. Chey was silent but I seen the nervousness on her face. When we make it to the hospital I see Mom's car. Immediately I started wondering if she was still not talking to me. Chey and I walk to the front desk. "Kyle Steward please." the nurse takes her time to find his room. "Bitch where the fuck is my brother!"Chey says angrily. "Room 315" the nurse answers with an attitude. We hurry to the room. As soon as I walk in my mother hugs me. "I was hurt, maybe even angry. But I never want you to think you could do anything to stop me from loving you. I love all three of y'all. And I always will. I don't want to lose any of you." Mom says kissing my head with tears in her eyes. "How is Kyle?" Chey asks. "He's still in surgery. I haven't heard anything from the doctors--" "Ms. Stewart..." Mom stands up and walks over towards the doctor. "Yes?" Mom asks as strongly as she could.

"We did all we could. I'm sorry..."