Shock and Disbelief

"How is it not Marcus? I seen with my own eyes you kissing that girl! Explain that!" "I did not kiss her Kris!" "Wtf? How are you gone sit there and lie to my face?" "I didn't kiss her Kristyn! She kissed me!" "Same damn thang! You stood there and let it happen and hopped yo ass in the car with her!" "Yes I did. And yes I let her kiss me. But she's going through a lot right now. And you know my dad is a doctor. She needed to talk to him. He asked me to bring her home with me and I did. She kissed me to make you mad. And I talked to her ass about that shit in the car." "That sounds like a lie to me Marcus. Because you coulda been told me that." "I have NEVER lied to you!" He said snatching his hand out of mine. "Why did you act the way you did if that was all of the story then Devon?" "You still questioning me?" He said in a serious tone. I've never seen Marcus so serious. "You done been hurt by so many damn niggas you can't see when there's a good one in front of yo blind ass!" His tone was a cross between sexy and scary. I've really done it this time. Marcus seems furious. "I've been rocking with yo ass for how long?" He jumps up off the couch. "Kristyn I know you're broken! I understand that! But damn can you trust one nigga? I ain't never did shit for you to question me!" "Marcus..." I say in a low soft tone. "I'm sorry." "Yea I know you are Kristyn" "Where is all this coming from?" "Kris you have to be the dumbest smart person I know. Did you really think all I wanted was friendship? I've been in love with yo ass for years. I've just been waiting for you to realize it. I've always been here for you. And I try to explain something to you and you don't believe me? That shit hurt." I stand up. We were face to face and I look up at him. Staring deep in his eyes all I could see was sincerity in his eyes. I put both of my hands on his face. Pulling his head down and getting on my tippy toes I kiss him. He puts his hands around my lower back, pulling me in closer to him, it was in that very moment, I knew, I had found my Prince Charmming. We kiss for several minutes. I had no idea my friends and sister were listening the entire time. The trance we were in was ruined when I heard Chey, Jay, Lay, and Tee say in unison "awe". Still in his embrace I look over at them and laugh. I look back at Marcus and he has the biggest grin on his face. My head resting comfortably on his chest I could literally hear his heartbeat "Kristyn". I look back up at him. He puts his thumb under my chin, lifts my face up, and gives me a soft intense kiss. "I love you Kristyn." "I love you too Marcus." "I have to go. But I'll see you later." "Don't go. Stay, for dinner. Please." "I have to go. But I'll see you tomorrow morning. I promise. I'll text you though love." He kisses my forehead. And I walk him to the door. For a short time my life was perfect. It was until I heard my mom let out a soul shaking "NOOOOOO!" Chey and I run up stairs to find Mom on the floor crying and holding the phone in her hand. "What's wrong Momma!?" I ask with worry in my voice. Tee, Jay, and Lay wait outside the door trying to find out what was wrong. Chey picks up the phone. She puts it up to her ear and she drops the phone and looks at me with tears in her eyes. "What is it!?"