A Lost Friendship

"Hey Kris. What you 'finna get into?" Marcus asks. "Nothing, going out with my girls." I reply. I look at Ashley and roll my eyes. "And why are you with this whore?" I ask Marcus with so much anger. I could feel my blood boiling thinking of the response I was going to get. "That's what I had to ask yo-" Marcus was cut off by Ashley. "So you mad still?" Ashley says laughing. "Don't try me skank. I'll beat yo ass out here in front of all yo lil' friends and Marcus. Think it's a game." I shot back at Ashley. "Try." Ashley responds. "Be careful what you wish for. Because I'm damn close to it." I say walking over to Ashley. "Calm down." Marcus says pushing me back with his arm. "Come on Ashley." he says holding her hand and walking her to his car. "You choosing that hoe over me Marcus! Really! And you know what she did!" I yell at Marcus as he walks to his car. "Kris don't do that." he says. "Do what Marcus?" I say irritated as hell. "This." "If you get in that car with that hoe we're no longer friends." "Don't draw that line Kristyn." I know he's angry because he never calls me by my whole name. "Like I said. It's either her or me Marcus. The choice is yours." he gives me a hard stare and gets in his car. Did he really just choose that two dollar hoe over me! His bestfriend! The only one that's been there for him! Through everything! "Come on Chey!" I yell out to tell my sister to get in the car. My friends rush over to see if I'm ok. "Kris?" "Not not Tee." "Well we'll come over your house today instead of going out." "Yea" I say blandly. "Come on Chey. Let's go." The ride to the house was completely silent. No one said anything. As I'm pulling up to the house I see a car pulling out the driveway. But who could that be? Mom works during the day and Dad stays two hours away. And hardly comes over since the divorce. "Is mom here?" Chey asks me confused from what we just seen. "She has to be." I say to Chey. "Come on let's see." I lock my car and walk in the house to find.... "MOM!" We yell together.