A Ray of Hope

"Kristyn!" "OH MY GOD! Kyle!" I say hugging my brother. "I thought you were..." I pause and start crying. "Come in" I say grabbing my brother by the arm pulling him in. "Chey! Chey! Come in here!" I call out to my sister. "What is it Kris" she walks out the kitchen. "Look!" I exclaim. Chey looks up. Tears form in her eyes! "KYLE!" She runs to our brother jumping up into his arms and hugs him. "Come on Kyle. Momma has to see you!" Chey pulls him up the stairs to Mom's room. "Momma, momma! Get up! Look Momma! Look!" Chey says waking up Mom. "What is it baby?" Chey moves out of the way exposing Kyle. Mom hops out of the bed running over to Kyle. She places her hands on his face and inspects him. "Sweet Jesus! It is! It's my baby!" She hugs Kyle with a strong embrace. She kisses his cheek. "Oh thank you Lord! My baby's alive!" "Yes momma I am." He turns around pulling Chey and me to him and hugs all three of us. "I couldn't die on y'all." He kisses all of us on our forehead. "Now when I walked in I seen Chey in the kitchen. What was you in there burning? Cause I'm hungry!" He says jokingly and we all laugh. I look around and for once all of us were completely and utterly happy. We go down to the kitchen and sit at the breakfast table and talk to Kyle. "Kris" "Huh" "You with Marcus yet?" "Why you ask that Kyle" "You ain't know that boy like you? He told me that before I was deployed. I just figured he woulda told you by now" Chey laughs and inserts herself into our conversation. "Oh yeah. He did. Their in loooooove now" she says teasing me. I stick my tongue out at her. We can be so childish sometimes. "Well then where is he at?" Kyle asks. "Kris you wanna tell him or shall I?" I say nothing. "Leave my baby alone." Momma says laughing. "She's what do you kids call it in her emotions?" We all laugh. "Feelings Momma. Feelings!" I shoot back at Mom. "Same thing!" She says giggling. "What happened Kris?" "He might have gotten Ashley pregnant. It just really hurt me when he told me that. Like he knows how I feel about Ashley." "Was it before y'all was together?" "Yes" "Was he the one that told you" "Yes" "So I don't understand the problem. Get up and go talk to that boy. He a good guy." "You're right you're right" "So get up and go" I grab the keys, hugs my brother, and head towards the door. When I open it. There he is standing on the step. "Listen Kris I know you don't want to see me but-" I cut him off. "I love you Marcus." I kiss him. "I love you too Kris. But I came over here to tell you something..."