What's Going On?

"What Chey?" I said raising my voice in panic. "It's," she says between crying "Kyle." "What happened to Kyle!?" "His unit is missing. Everybody has been found except him and one other. They've been missing now for 3 days." It takes a minute for everything she said to register. Kyle was our older brother. He was 21. He joined the navy his senior year of high school. Kyle was our backbone. All of our backbones. And imagining life without him was unbearable. I refused to think the worst. I rush over to comfort my mom and sister. "Don't cry. Kyle is going to be fine. He has to be." Saying it enough times I would eventually start believing it. Right? Chey took a few minutes to get herself together and I went downstairs to cook dinner. Our bestfriends had left after hugging us and telling us we were in their prayers. I decided to make lasagna. As I was browning the ground beef I remembered how much Kyle loved my lasagna. Before I knew it I had burned the meat. I quickly disposed it and started over. I couldn't let my mom and sister see me like this. They had to have someone strong. I finished the lasagna and set it on the dinning room table. I suddenly wasn't hungry anymore. I wanted to see how dad was taking it. I go over to the kitchen phone and dial up my dad. While the phone was ringing I remembered what my Mom said. "I'm done protecting your father." With those words ringing in my hear I hear dad answer the phone. "Hey Kay-Bug" that was the nickname my dad gave me as a child. "Hey daddy. I want to ask you something." "What's wrong Bug?" "What did Mom mean when she told me she was done protecting you? Why did y'all get divorced?" "Well Bug... What did your mother say?" "Daddy tell me!" "I slept with your Aunt Wendy and your mother walked in. She could never forgive me for that but she tried to make the marriage work for you guys sake. I knew we'll never be able to get past it so I filed for divorce..." "And you had me mad at momma all this time! And it was you're fault!" "Bug I'm sor-" I hung up in his face. How the hell could he do that. I felt like an asshole. Blaming momma all this time. Then my phone vibrates. It was Marcus. God knows I needed to talk to my baby.

💕My Marcus👫: Hey love

Me: Hey Baby 😘

💕My Marcus👫: I gotta tell you something. Because I think it's better for me to tell you than for you to hear it from somebody else. Especially since we're together.

Me: What is it Devon?

💕My Marcus👫: She's pregnant... And it might me mine 😔