Just the 3 of Us

"It's what baby?" "Positive." "You okay?" "....yeah Chey. I ain't got no choice but to be." Marcus walks over and hugs me. "It's gone be okay baby." He kisses the top of my head. "We can tell our parents together." "I don't even know how to tell momma. And Kyle? I know he's going to be mad. I really don't care about daddy. And imagine your parents!" "What about them? Yeah they might be mad. May even be a little hurt but it ain't changing nothing. We're that baby's parents. We're going to be the ones to take care of him. Not them. So really their opinions are secondary." Marcus says sternly. "I'm okay with it. You're okay with it. That's all that matters." "Yeah. You're right." "I know I am" "I'm so glad Marcus is stepping up to the plate. A lot of niggas wouldn't have done that. I commend you. And you better keep this up too." Chey says to Marcus. He laughs. "Yeap Im stuck with her for at least 18 years now." I playfully punch him in his arm. But then I begin to think. How am I going to tell Tee, Jay, and Lay? What are they going to say? Mom and Kyle? Mr. and Mrs. Johnson?Then again. Maybe I don't care. Maybe Marcus is right. It's us and the baby now. What else matters?