Suspension

"Chey! Kris! I wasn't expecting you home this early. I thought y'all were going out with your friends." Mom asks surprised to see us. "We were. Change of plans." Chey replies. "I thought you were at work." I say sarcastically. "Uhm I was but I uhm got off early and I uh-" I cut mom off. "You uhm what? Who was that pulling out of our driveway? Instead of screwing everything with a penis. If you would have put as much work into your marriage as you do with your little" I make air quotes "boyfriend maybe we would still have our father here!" I yell at Mom and run up the stairs to my room. I lock the door and head straight for the bed. I sat on the bed. Knees to my chest thinking about everything that has happened to me in the last two days. And I began to cry. Thinking about it now. I really didn't mean to snap on Mom but I needed to take my anger out on someone and the fact I still haven't forgave Mom for the divorce had a lot to do with it. I pull my phone out of my pocket. Looking at it and thinking about calling Marcus. But my pride wouldn't let me. I start replaying the events from today in my mind. Why would Marcus think it was okay for him to date Ashley? He knows how I feel about her. And we've always respected each other when it came to things like that. If Marcus didn't like a guy then they knew not to approach me. And vice versa. And after 13 years of friendship he chooses her? Something's not adding up to me. Just then my phone rings. It's Marcus. Do I answer it? Do I let it go to voicemail? Do I decline it? I contemplate over the options. I decide to decline. A few seconds later I receive a text from him.

💕My Marcus👫: I know you don't want to talk to me right now. But I'm finna pull up. Open the door we need to talk. I know you don't understand right now but it's a reason for everything. At least text me back and let me know your going to let me in.

Me: K

I hear a knock on the door. Assuming it's Marcus, I race down the stairs.