║Aether║Intertwined Fates

This is requested by VentiOfficial! Thank you so much for the request.

I was so confused when I saw that your old username didn't show up. ^□^;;

Soulmate AU.

Word count: 800+

---

His name lingers on your tongue everytime you say it. You didn't know who he was and such a name was foreign to the nations of Teyvat, but it sounded so perfectly when you utter it.

Aether.

You weren't much of a talker so you didn't know many people, but for some reason, you always seem to utter that name-- be it out loud or in your mind. You didn't mind though, loving how the name rolls off your tongue.

A smile slowly crept up to your face-- a small smile, but there's no difference.

"Hey, (Y/N), you're kinda scaring me, you know?" Your friend- whose name is completely irrelevant- spoke, eyeing you weirdly. Lately, you have been smiling to yourself and always utter 'Aether' which started to creep her out and some others, although they don't express it.

"Ah, sorry.." You rub your hand on the back of your neck. "Anyway, I'm quite curious," they start, waiting for you to show a gesture to continue. "Why is it that you're smiling a lot? Did you find someone you like~?" They poke your shoulder while covering their mouth with their other hand, although it did not hide their huge, teasing grin.

"I don't know.." you answered truthfully, looking down at the ground. You were truly wondering if this 'Aether' guy was actually real or not. All your life you have had that name being left your lips like a sort of prayer, but you have not met a person whose name is Aether. Sometimes, you think you just made it up, but something in you begs to differ.

"Huh? That's a weird answer, don't you think?" they ask, face visible of confusion. You shrug, saying nothing.

Having no choice but to take your response as answer, they switched the topic. "Well then, we should probably bring our fair share of logs home or we'll freeze to death. Snezhnaya's cold doesn't show mercy to anyone." They hinted at the pile of chopped wood on the ground.

You nod, walking home with the logs in tow. "Welcome home. I see you brought a lot back," your mother greets, a smile obvious on her face.

You nod and put the pile of wood on its rack, placed by the fireplace. "Well, if you need me, I'll be in my room," you muttered before leaving.

Snezhnaya and its ruler was merciless. There wasn't much entertainment than that of Mondstadt, the city of bards. So, in your room, there you sat on a sofa that was backed against a window, turning your upper body to stare outside at the frozen wasteland to at least have something entertaining to watch.

Staring at the stars, you were suddenly reminded of the name 'Aether'. You wonder, is this person ever going to come, or will you forever utter that name?

Tired out from the workout of dragging wood, you decided to skip dinner and go to sleep, getting deep under your blanket for warmth.

The next day, your friend had invited you to hangout around the town since they didn't like sitting around and doing nothing. "Hey, did you hear?" they excitedly ask, eager for you to respond. "No, what's up?" you ask, looking at him side eye.

"There's a commotion going on that the Honourary Knight from Mondstadt is in Snezhnaya!" they said, finally relieved of the build-up excitement. 'The Honourary Knight?' you question. Such person has been a talk across Teyvat, but for what reason could they be travelling? You did not know.

"Let's go see the knight!" Your friend took you by the wrist and dragged you to the square of the town. "Hey, look, I think that's them!" They point towards a blonde male.

Stopping when your friend does, your heart fluttered upon seeing the knight. Why did he feel so familiar? You have never met him, but you can't shake the feeling that you know his name.

The knight turns your way and at that moment, realization struck you and it seemed as if he, too, seem to know. "Aether," you called, barely audible.

"Huh? That name again..?" your friend said, but his attention was turned away from you and to the approaching blonde male. "Ah, he's coming this way..!" they quickly say lowly, clenching their teeth.

The knight stops in front of you and your friend quickly straightened his posture. "H- hey, you're the Honourary Knight, right?" your friend points out. You look at them, not knowing why they were so nervous when he looked relaxed. "Um, yes, I am," the blonde answers and looks at you in a seeming manner. "I'm Aether."

That was it. That was all you needed to hear. "Do you.. Perhaps know my name..?" you ask, now regretting that such a silly question came out of your mouth.

A smile parts his lips and gentle eyes sparkle back at you. "Of course. I have been searching for you.. (Y/N)."

---

I'm totally not in class right now.

Thank you for requesting! Hope this satisfied you. ^^

~♡~