║Scaramouche║Mr. Short

This is requested by zakidy! Thank you so much for the request.

Zakidy, you didn't answer my comments if you had any ideas for the oneshot. But I do not want to disappoint you and keep you waiting. If you do have a description and wish to tell me, please do so and I will accept it as a request and write another since I wrote this without knowing if you have a description. ^^

Warning: Usage of foul language (I mean, we're talking about Scaramouche here).

Male reader.

Fluff.

Word count: 1.1k

---

"Haha, is it in your family blood or did you just not eat your veggies?" The eleventh Harbinger, Tartaglia, laughs mockingly at the height difference between himself and the sixth Harbinger, Scaramouche.

Scaramouche clicked his tongue and turns his head away, crossing his arms in full displeasure. "Hey, hey, Pedrelino, take a look at this guy!" He calls on over, waving his hands as he beckons you closer with one hand while his other rested upon Scaramouche's hat. Yes, one of your a great many alias was Pedrelino. That being said, yes, you were a Harbinger.

Scaramouche's face flared red in anger. "Grr, cut that out you fucking bastard!" he growls, shooing the ginger's hand away which just pushed Tartaglia to mock him even more, all the while laughing.

"What are you going to do? Punch my face? I'd like to see you try," he laughs, clutching his stomach as he tries to take it down a notch.

Scaramouche glares at him, jaws tightening as well as his fist. Without warning, Scaramouche kicks the eleventh right on his reproductive system hard. Tartaglia's eyes widened as he stiffened up before falling onto the floor whilst clutching his part, groaning. "No, but I can do that," Scaramouche spat, glaring eyes hovering the taller male.

He walks away from the groaning male and to you. "Uh, Scara, you know you could've killed him." You chuckled forcefully as small beads of sweat trickle down your forehead.

"That was my plan." He clicks his tongue, taking one more look at the eleventh. "Too bad he didn't." More sweat went down your head, but said nothing and gave him a forced, close-eyed smile.

"Then, should we go now?" you asked, changing the topic. He silently nods and the two of you left the place where Harbingers would group up, leaving the ginger aching on the floor.

It wasn't anything strange for you to hang around Scaramouche. In truth, you two were lovers. Surprising as it sounded, it was a fact that not even the Fatui diplomats could avoid.

How did someone as cruel as Scaramouche, ended up with you, someone who is completely the opposite and more outgoing than he was? That was one if the great mysteries of Teyvat and the only ones who knew the answer to that was you and Scaramouche.

"Master Pedrelino!" A Fatui underling calls your name in a rush, drawing your attention to your side. "Hm? What is it?" you ask. The diplomat looks to short male beside you who was glaring at them. "Sir, I've been sent with a message by the Tsaritsa about your mission," they said, gulping back a lump in their throat under Scaramouche's gaze.

"Oh? Could you hold onto that until tomorrow?" you said all the while smiling. "But, sir, the Tsaritsa.." the diplomat trails. "The Tsaritsa is important, yes, but I'm about done with my fair share of work today," you reminded them kindly that it was literally time to go home and have dinner.

"Ah, my apologies, Master Pedrelino. I have forgotten the time. Please, pardon me of my rudeness," they said, bowing their head's down. You laughed it off, waving your hand in front of you in small motions as a way to say that it was fine. "It's alright, you're just doing your job. Anyway, I'm sure you're dying to go home too, yes?"

"A, ah, yes, I am. Then, have a good night, sir, and you too, Master Scaramouche." The diplomat quickly leaves, your smile not dropping from your face at the retreating figure. "Tch. Look at how loose your subordinates are, (Y/N)," Scaramouche comments, calling you by your name now that you two were done with work, "This is all because of your carefree ruling."

You chuckle. "Well, if I were to scare them, they would apply to be moved to another Harbinger and then we wouldn't get anything done for the Tsaritsa just like a little somebody," you teasingly comment. He clicks his tongue. "They are fine under my ruling," he said, referring to his subordinates, and crossed his arms while looking somewhere else.

You chuckled and place a hand on his hat. "Whatever you say, shorty." "Has Tartaglia rub his filth on you? Do you want me to go back and kick him again?" He glares. "Haha, no need. I'm sure you'll kill him for sure." You dismiss his serious tone. "I was planning on it."

Not wanting to actually make him turn around to kill the brunette, you stayed silent until you two got home. "Anything you want for dinner?" you ask, making your way to the kitchen as soon as you stepped inside. "No," he simply answers, taking of his ridiculously large hat and setting it down on the living room's sofa.

"Okay. Wash up and come back down, I'll have dinner ready by then," you said, soon hearing him go upstairs after a quick 'okay' from him. As promised, dinner was ready and the two of you ate whilst enjoying a nice conversation.

You joined him in your shared bedroom shortly after you showered, getting under the blankets with him. "What are you reading?" you ask, crawling on top of him-- encaging him between your arms and closing your eyes, sighing. "A book," he answers blandly. You chuckled. "I know that it's a book. What is the book about?"

"A person," he answers, yet again in a bland tone, eyes glued boredly onto the pages. "Wow, that totally sums it up," you huffed. "If you want to know, you can read it after," he said. You smiled. "No, I'm good."

A comfortable silence was shared between you two and the only sounds to be heard was the rustling of pages being turned and his loud heartbeat that was right beside your ears.

Slowly, your eyelids fell heavy, the sound of his rhythmic heartbeat lulling you to sleep. Soon, you fell asleep. Scaramouche continued on, not realizing that you had fallen asleep until he finished the book.

"Huh, (Y/N)?" He looks down to see you sleeping. His brows furrow in disbelief and places the book on the bedside table.

He tried to nudge you off of him, but you were simply a much bigger man than he was. He sighs and with nothing to do about his situation, he slid his body underneath you.

Actually, he didn't mind the added warmth, but he rather not be caught dead with you on top of him, although most already know of your relationship. He just awkward, let's be frank.

He takes a glance at your face and every little detail of it-- your long eyelashes that would flutter once in a while whilst you dream, your nose, and lips. The sigh that left his lips soon after sounded irritated, but really, he wasn't. Not one bit.

To prove it, a small smile tug the corner of his lips and whispered, "Good night."

---

Okay, now THIS is the promised oneshot.

I hope I'm getting better at writing for male reader inserts. I seriously did not like that one Chongyun x male reader oneshot. T^T

Thank you for requesting! Hope you enjoyed this. ^^

~♡~