║Venti║Rest of Time

This is requested by Boo-BitchImAGhost! Thank you so much for the request.

Female reader as requested.

Fluff. Slight maturity. 

Word count: 3.4k

---

It is common knowledge that even if a star wishes to move within its own galaxy, it would take light years for it just to do so. But, it didn't apply to when two peculiar stars that had lived long suddenly collided in mere seconds, causing them to be one.

When you have awoken, you found yourself lying down in a midst of grass for miles and a blue sky that you had never seen before with strange creatures flying past it, flapping its wings as it makes strange noises. Where were you? You sat up, suddenly feeling a pain shot through your ears. It was ringing and giving you a headache.

"Nngh..!" You covered an eye with a hand out of reflex of the pain while trying to recall how you ended up where you were and what happened. "Ah, that's right.. My home.." You stop your sentence and snap your head upwards to the unnatural green and blue around you and come to a realization that the place..

Was not your home.

The place you knew and loved for many years was crumbling down at your feet, but the place you had awoken to was the opposite and free from the havoc that had suddenly raised. You felt the flow of time change and that's when you recalled your travel- no, your escape through time and space. You remembered how you then came to a stop by an unknown force and suddenly being pulled by it and fighting against it didn't make a difference in your weakest point.

After a soft sigh, you stood up and looked at your surrounding. With a gentle breeze blowing past, you notice more of the winged things on the ground and not too far from it, a small, four-legged creature that was running around the field. Beside you was a large tree that was helping you adjust to the blinding light from above by stretching its large and long branches outwards. Its leaves rustled when another breeze was blowing past.

You looked at your clothing and see that your once celestial clothing is now basically a rag and without your shoes. Your skin was covered by scratches and blood of the war you faced, but surprisingly, the pain wasn't there-- maybe it's because it was numbing your body that you felt as if the pain were one with you.

Left leg forward then the right.. You repeated it until you could fully well walk with your aching feet without hissing at the pain. Just beyond the horizon, you see walls and windmills within it. You were happy that there was a place not too far from where you awoke. When you arrived in front of the gates, the two knights who were usually on guard had a look of questioning.

And since that moment, Mondstadt came to be your forever home.

-

"Venti, slow down!" you say, grabbing his arm and reaching for the glass in his hand- which he did not let go of. "I think it would be best to give up, (Y/N)," Diluc says behind the counter, his arms crossed as he stares in disbelief and annoyance at the bard. "You better have money to pay for that."

The boy had chugged his 28th drink for the day and he doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon. "I, I'll pay for his drink," you say defeatedly, knowing that your dear ol' friend don't even have a single mora on him. "I don't care who pays for it as long as it is paid." The fiery-haired male sighs irritatingly and turned around to do his job, leaving the two of you to chat alone.

"Venti, you should really stop now. You'll have a headache in the morning," you said, putting a hand on hi shoulder and watch him gulped down yet another glass before setting it down. "Hehe, this isn't even much," the boy states. "Rest assured, (Y/N), that I will be fine tomorrow so.. Another glass for me, Master Diluc!" He waves his empty glass which earned the taller male to grunt before making another drink for the bard.