║Kaeya║Unwanted Visitor 2

Continuation.

Word count: 2.7k

---

"Master, your parents sent a letter demanding that you return to Fontaine," Ronan says, hand over his heart and bowing slightly as he gives you the news. You ignored him and stare out the window, sipping coffee that was freshly brewed and delivered directly to your room. It was pouring thus couldn't go to meet Kaeya.

You were in deep thought. It truly has been a long time since you departed in secret to Mondstadt and you knew that if you don't go home, your parents will send a person or two to bring you home. They weren't overbearing parents, no- they are just worried about your safety since you have been out of their sight for about two months now.

Setting the cup down, you turned to look at Ronan, who was urging you to follow the order with his eyes. "Alright," you sighed, "Send word to my parents that I'll return within a week. No more, no less. You know that I keep my words." Ronan nods, and seeing as you had a serious look, he trusts that you'll do as you had just said and excuses himself to go write the letter.

You turn away from the door to the wet landscape outside. You only had a week left with Kaeya and you were determined to spend every second of it with him.

-

"Kaeya!" You waved eagerly at the Cavalry Captain, gaining his attention by the loud yet enthusiastic call of his name. "(Y/N), good morning. It was a shame that yesterday was pouring," he said, a smile on his face. "Give me a moment and I'll be with you." You nod and see him walk to a knight and talked to them in a serious and ordering tone before going back to you. "Alright, I'm all yours for today."

You smiled at his words. It was just the two of you today, without your butler, Ronan, as you had ordered him to stay at Diluc's mansion. You wanted to spend the remaining days with Kaeya alone before returning home. "You know, I haven't met your cousin yet; I'm starting to think you don't have a cousin in Mondstadt," Kaeya said, strolling beside you.

"You don't believe me? Well, that's understandable since he is busy- both during the day and night," you said, "But, believe me, I do have a cousin and he is working at a tavern."

"Oh? At a tavern? That's interesting," Kaeya said. The day was fill with fun- eating, strolling both inside and outside of the city, hearing bards sing, and more eating. Kaeya is surprised that you could take so much food in and had asked if you were from Liyue instead, considering their iron stomachs.

The blue sky started to change to a mix of orange, yellow, and red as the sun started to set behind the cathedral of Mondstadt. That's when you realized that you had forgotten to tell Kaeya something important. "Um, Kaeya, thank you for guiding me around Mondstadt through my time here," you started off, getting the blue-haired male a quizzical stare at you. When he didn't say anything, you took it as to continue. "I'm returning to Fontaine by the end of this week."

There was silence on the receiving end of the conversation as darkness cast over at Kaeya's eyes. He had known that you won't be staying forever, but he didn't think it would be this month that you were leaving. I mean, there was probably still chaos that you wanted to get away from as he had calculated that the traveller- who is always causing something- had probably not yet reached the hydro region to fix it.

"I see."

You started to worry if he was unhappy but when he turned his head to the to stare at you, he was smiling. "Well, then, we should spend this week together as much, no?" He half-heartedly and forcibly laughs. You forced yourself to lightly chuckles as well, feeling already sad that you had to depart from your friend.