║Scaramouche║Cold Heart

This is requested by elleskyie! Thank you so much for the request.

Warning: Used foul language (b*st*rd is considered foul, right?)

Angst.

Word count: 600+

---

You should have known. The moment he came into your life with a suspiciously bright attitude with all sunshine and rainbows despite how he looks-- it should have been obvious that he wanted something from you.

"Why are you doing this?" you ask, looking up at him as tears drip onto the wooden floor. Where did the man you loved go? The one who stood before you was nobody you know. He was different; cold.

Scaramouche looks down at your body that sat on the floor, one side of your cheek red from the slap you received from him. "Why?" he repeats, kneeling on one knee to be on your eye level. "Because I came to collect your parents' debt."

Your eyes widen in disbelief, realization sticking down upon you. "Yeah, that's right, (Y/N)." A sadistic smile adorns his crazed eyes as he cups your chin. "It's been years since they paid-- even going to another nation to hide. But now matter, we Fatui will always find our debtors."

Your eyes follow as he stands up, looking down on you as if you were some pest. "But I must praise them." He gestures behind him-- to the two lump of bodies on the floor. "They actually got away from us for a long time."

"Anyway, I guess I'll take them being dead as their payment," he said, making his way to the front door, fixing his hat.

Just before he could step outside, you had to ask, "Then, why did you pretend that you loved me?" Your voice croaked, filled with betrayal and sadness. Scaramouche turns his head to look at you, eyes holding no affection towards you. A smile crept on his face, quite amused by your question. "Why? I thought that I'd toy with you for a little while," he answers. "I not only get to kill your parents, but break their precious child as well. I'd say that's double the entertainment."

It was unbelievable and sickening to think. You gave him your love and even showed yourself in your most vulnerable state in an enclosed space, but he only gotten entertainment from all that?

"You bastard." You grit your teeth. "I'll kill you!" Scaramouche laughs at your words, finding it hard to believe that you could even stand a chance against him. His body now somewhat facing you, he stares at you side eye with wicked eyes as a hand covers part of his face. "I'd like to see you try."

With that, he leaves you in the dark house with only the sun that shone through the open door as your light.

Now far from your sight, Scaramouche was left to his own thoughts. Admittedly, he did love you. When he first saw you out on the streets? That's when he fell for you. He really did enjoy the time he spent with you, already missing your warmth and smile that was his world.

He didn't know his debtors had a child, so when he knew, he was torn. He wanted to leave the Fatui then and there, but there would be nothing for him after and he knew that he would be killed by the other Harbingers for betraying the Tsaritsa.

However, he didn't need to kill you so he left you alive, although knowing how much hate you now had for the little Skirmisher. He knows that there was nothing he could do to amend the relationship and he accepts that, waiting for the day when you come to hunt him down.

"Then kill me, (Y/N), because I am a wicked man."

---

I don't think this is angst at all. □_□

Thank you so much for requesting! Hope you enjoyed this. ^^

~♡~