║Zhongli║Where Glaze Lilies Bloom

This is requested by AkabaneToudouShion! Thank you so much for requesting.

If you can't see the title, it's "Where Glaze Lilies Bloom".

Female reader as requested.

Word count: 1.8k

---

Twice.

Twice had the amber-eyed male encountered two persons whom he learned to cherish, but then fall witness to a crushing sight of their cold and limp body, eyes dimmed of life. Both meeting and parting happening in the field where glaze lilies bloom.

He has seen countless of lives lost, but none were as disheartening as when the two people he cared for disappear like dust being swept away by the wind. One was his best friend and the other one- whom held a closer tie to his heart- was his lover.

That was many thousands of years ago, yet he couldn't help reminisce the times of old and the happy memories that blossomed like flowers with it. His heart felt heavier each day when he thought of what he could have done during the war to have saved the two he cared for so deeply so that they were there with him today and proudly talk about their accomplishments that they had earned together, but that unfortunately can't happen as he was the only one left of the inseparable trio.

He looks at the sunset in the horizon and sighs, closing his eyes and replayed the deaths of his friend and lover. It was around this time of day where the sun looked like a gem and glimmered like one that his lover had died. His best friend died days before amongst the field of blue and he and his lover both there to comfort her so that she could return to the soils like the God of Dust she was.

Then came his only ray of light in the calamity that surrounded them. He remembers all too clearly of that day and how he had held onto her body, pleading with tears dripping down from his face and hitting her cold ones to not leave him just like his best friend not too many days prior to her death. "You'll be alright, I promise. So, please, don't close your eyes!" He begged.

He watched as she weakily forces a smile and caress the male's face lovingly, flinching when he felt her cold fingertips. "Glaze lilies.. Guizhong.. Liked these flowers.." she had weaikly said, tears of her own starting to well in her eyes. "I.. I like them too.." She utters a few more words, trying to lighten up the mood as her eyes become more and more lifeless by the second. "Rex.. Promise me that you will do.. What Guizhong had said. Please, protect her people.." Her hand that caressed his cheek fall to her side as she took one last breath before joining her older sister in the afterlife. Even in her last moments of life, she had talked about her loving sister and his best friend, and now, she left, taking his heart along with her. He had cried and held her body close to his, not wanting her to become nothing but a memory, but to his sadness, her body had turned to dust like her sister's and slipped between his grasp, allowing the wind to take them.

Both meeting and parting happening in the field where glaze lilies bloom.

"Hey, earth to Mr. Zhongli." An all too familiar voice snaps him from his reminiscing and opens his eyes to be faced by none other than the eleventh Fatui Harbinger, Childe. "Childe, to what may I offer you this fine evening?" the funeral consultant asks, not a look of sadness seen on the man's face.

"Ah, nothing really.. I was walking past the docks when I saw you kind of just spacing out on the bench," the younger male states. "Is that what it looked like? Well, indeed you are correct," Zhongli says, not denying what the Harbinger had said.