║Zhongli║Happy Birthday 2 🎉

This is requested by me as a gift to you.

Yes, I'm writing another birthday special because I love him that much. This time, this is related to the Twitter post from the game's official account.

Younger readers can read this one.

SPOILER!! If you have not finished "Farewell, Archaic Lord", please don't read.

Word count: 700+

---

"It's Zhongli's birthday?" Paimon floats around beside you. You hummed. "Everyone in Liyue is offering something for their lord since it is his birthday," you state. "I want to give him something too."

"Huh. Anyway, do you have any ideas what to give him? Seeing as he is an Archon, Paimon is sure he has seen all sorts of luxurious offerings," Paimon says.

You have indeed thought about that, and not wanting to be like everyone else, you had decided on a different present, something that might seem nothing or too little, but shows your admiration for the male.

"I'll give him.. Glaze Lilies," you answered, smiling at the thought. However, Paimon looks at you weirdly. "Uh, flowers are a bit too plain, don't you think?"

It indeed was, but you thought that it was the perfect gift to represent everything you want to say to him while showing your great love toward the male.

"Let's look for something cooler, like um.. Paimon doesn't know-- just something that aren't flowers?" Paimon shrugs. You shook your head, deciding that it was Glaze Lilies that you want. Paimon sighs, "Paimon guesses it's flowers then."

You two set out, looking for wild Glaze Lilies that are now much sparse compared to that of thousands of years ago, when you had nothing to do with the planet you are trapped in.

Along with Glaze Lilies, you picked out other flowers specifically found in the surroundings of Liyue to make it much nicer.

"There, now to find Zhongli!" You smiled, feeling warm at the look of the flowers and the image of his smiling face in your mind.

You made your way back inside the city and look for the male, whom you found idling by at one of the stalls, inspecting every item it had to offer, fingers on his chin as he bends his torso forward.

"Zhongli!" you called from behind, drawing his attention away from the things and to you. "Ah, (Y/N), what brings you to me on such a day?" he greets, his eyes reflecting the same warm smile tugging his lips.

"I wanted to greet you a happy birthday." You look at the flowers and then outstretched your arms. "I know you have seen much more expensive presents, but I really hope you like these flowers that I've picked out for you," you say.

Zhongli was speechless as he looks at the bouquet of flowers in your hands.

It was awfully still for quite too long for your liking that you started to think negatively, Paimon floating beside you awkwardly.

"Ah, if you don't like them, I'll just--" Before you could finish, Zhongli places his hands on yours, cupping them along with the flowers between his. "No, I very much love them. A simple gift such as this means more to me than expensive materialistic items bought with mora as this holds much of your thoughts," he goes in to say. "A gift from you is all I ever want."

The words were true, that you know which made you smile and Paimon relax, happy that he liked the simple gift.

"Oh, might I ask something? Did you pick these flowers yourself?" he asks, taking the bouquet from your hands and inspects them for a bit before looking at your eyes again. You nod and see him warmly smile. "They are most lovely." He stares at the flowers with a much more visible look of love in his eyes.

He tears his eyes away, his amber eyes now fully locked onto yours. "Come, walk with me. Let us go looking for wild Glaze Lilies once more," he said, walking past you before stopping short to look at you over his shoulders, his eyes seeming to glow a much fiery amber.

"There is a certain song from Liyue that I would like to hear you sing-- if you'll allow me to teach you."

---

The italicized words are the words Zhongli said in the Twitter post and the image comes directly from the same tweet. ^^

~♡~