║Jean║A Defeated Battle

This is requested by Ryuuzaki18! Thank you so much for request.

Warning: Hints towards s*ic*d*.

Female reader.

Angst.

Word count: 1.2k

---

Your heart beat with inconsistency everytime you looked at her. From her graceful movements as she diligently does each tasks to small things such as staring at her eyes, lips, and nose-- they were all beautiful to you and you don't think that you would ever get tired of her even after years invested into the relationship.

However, no matter how beautiful she looked, a frown crept up your face as you watch her talk to the Cavalry Captain right outside of the Knights of Favonius' headquarters. She looked drained of energy-- no, she is drained of energy and the bags under her eyes proved that.

Lately, work has started to took a toll on her, but she couldn't rest just yet. However, she has made sure to eat something once every couple of hours to get some temporary energy boost. It was something you reminded her time and time again, all in a light tone since even if she did forget to eat, you would bring her homemade food and force feed her.

"Oh, right, I should probably get going.." you mumbled, remembering that you still had something to do and can't loiter around and watch Jean at work.

With one more glance, you walked away from the scene and soon, out of the city's walls. What you had to do dealt with you going all the way to Starsnatch Cliff.

The breeze was perfect with it not being too cold and when you got there you stood near the edge of the cliff, looking at the green below. It would be a frightening thing to do but to you, it made you feel free. You extended your arms on your sides and closed your eyes, a smile appearing on your face.

You stood there for a while before turning around, eyes landing on a large rock that was surrounded with cecilias. Walking closer to it, one will see that there was a gravestone to it. Crouching down in front of it, you extended your arms to touch the stone, your fingertips tracing the outlined words that was engraved into it.

A sigh escaped your mouth unknowingly and your smile hid no longer that bitterness you held when you look at the stone. "How long..?" you muttered.

You didn't want to stay long so with one more lingering stare, you stood up and brush any dirt off of you and return to the city.

Walking past crowds of people, you returned to the headquarters. Quietly, you opened the door to Jean's office and smiled when you saw her asleep on her desk. It wasn't the best of places to sleep, but at least she was sleeping.

Walking around the desk, you reach your arms towards the sleeping female, but stopped when you saw tears streaming down her face. "(Y/N).." she sniffles. Your heart ached, suddenly feeling bitter.

You forced a smile, although it did nothing to mask your sadness. However, what was done was done and you could not revive the dead.

Yes, you are dead and have been for quite some time.

Memories of time not long ago suddenly came and reminded you of the happy times you spent with the female. The memories leading up to your death was not a happy one, however. It consisted of fighting and battling an inevitable end.

You closed your eyes and remembered the events that occurred just moments before your death. It was full of tears that night.

"I can't take it anymore, (Y/N)!" the blonde shouted, grabbing your shoulders harshly. "Can't you do it for me? Can't you try to fight for me!?"

You averted your eyes to the ground, tears streaming down both of your faces. "We can do it together!" "Don't you love me?" You remained silent, taking all the words she had once said as your heart continued to break. Then, "I do love you.." you said. "Then why can't you try..?" She fell on her knees and cried onto you, gripping your shirt tightly, fearing that you would leave at that moment.

That night was full of tears and sobs were the only sound to be heard in that house that night. Hesitantly, you gently tried to pick her up. "Hey.. Let's go to sleep now, okay?" you whispered gently, getting her to look at you. "I promise I'll try, but I'm feeling tired right now so can we pick this up tomorrow?" Oh how it was such an obvious lie that the blonde easily fell for.

Sniffling, she stood up and nod, energy drained from the constant battle she had to go through with you. That night, she held you tightly and she buried her head on your chest.

Afraid that you would leave that night, she stayed awake. "You'll try.." she croaked, her mouth dry from the shouting. "You'll get past this, (Y/N), so please try.."

You brushed her hair, also awake deep into the night. "I'll try.. For you.." It was yet another lie that rolled off your tongue so easily and she believed it.

The next day, you knew you could no longer make her go through your own battle with you. She had a bright future ahead while you were lost in the dark. You were too blind to see that light that was in front of you-- the one who was helping you fight the monsters that tried to- who eventually succeeded- get you.

When Jean was at work, you took that chance and took what was to be your last stroll all the way to the top of Starsnatch Cliff-- the last place you were seen.

You looked at the ground below, feeling your heart flutter at the thought of finally being free. With one step forward and another, you knew that it would be your last steps in the waking world.

Feeling the rush of wind blowing past you, you closed your eyes and smiled widely. You came to a conclusion that even if a place was called the City of Freedom, it could not free one's self from the void that chased behind them all their life. The City of Freedom could not protect people from their own darkness.

It was selfish of you. You had made someone love you and gave all their love to you, but you took it for granted.

Now, you had to watch the blonde work diligently during the day with obvious fatigue and cry during night, sometimes crying at your gravestone that was placed on top of the cliff. And you couldn't do a single thing-- not even able to comfort her.

Even knowing this, you put your ghostly hands on her shoulders and leaned to kiss her head.

"Sleep well, my love."

---

I love this so much. (༎ຶ⌑༎ຶ)

I really urge others to request female characters x female readers oneshots. If you are still shy about opening up about your sexuality, you are more than welcome to privately message me about it (when requests are open, of course). :)

Thank you so much for the request! I hope you enjoyed this. ^^

~♡~