Holiday Special in Mondstadt

Hehe, an early present for all of you since I can't wait to post this for the holiday. ^^

Not a oneshot.

Characters: Albedo, Amber, Barbara, Bennett, Diluc, Diona, Dvalin, Fischl, Jean, Kaeya, Klee, Lisa, Mona, Noelle, Razor, Sucrose, Venti.

You are the traveller.

Word count: 4.4k

---

Mondstadt was and is your first and forever home. It would be befitting to say the least, seeing as it was the first place tou stumbled upon and start your official journey to find your sibling. No matter where you are in Teyvat, the title of "Mondstadt's Honorary Knight" will be rung throughout that city and you wore it with pride. So, when Christmas came along, it was only natural to come home to your second family.

"(Y/N), is that you?" A voice, that you'd never forget in the many people you've heard speak, calls your name. You turned around and was greeted with the first local of Mondstadt and a whom was part of the Knight's of Favonius- Amber. "Hey, Amb--"

You were cut off as the brunette ran up and hugged you. You stumbled back a bit before returning her hug with a smile on your face. "Oh my Barbatos! It is you!" If you didn't know, Amber had missed you so and would cry, but she was a big girl to not cry over something silly such as a reunion. "Hey, Paimon is here too!" Another voice stepped in and Amber pulls back. "Oh, hey, Paimon! I'm happy to see that you're here too!" She gave the little, floating creature a smile as well.

"Anyway, what are you doing here? I thought you'd be off and in Inazumi when I heard the chaos died down in Liyue," she states, though still feeling happy that you returned. "Ah, I will.. I returned to Mondstadt to celebrate Christmas with all of you," you say in earnest. "Aw..!" She gave you another hug- this one being shorter.

"Oh, speaking of Christmas, Master Diluc is holding a Christmas party at the tavern tonight for just us- although it was kind of forced," she mumbled the last part, scratching her cheek. "Really? Then I'll be sure to come!" You missed going to the tavern to just loiter around and have a chat with the owner, so you took it as a chance.

"Well, I better be off to do a quick clearing of camps. I'll see you later, (Y/N)." She waves and turned around to walk away. But not even a step forward, you called her name, just remembering something. "I have something to give you," you said and turn to your floating companion who took something out from thin air and gave it you. "We bought you a gift!" It was a small, yet beautifully decorated, red box with golden ribbons.

A smile appeared on the girl's face as she happily accepts your gift. "Aw, thanks, (Y/N)! This is the best gift ever!" You laughed at her words. "But you haven't opened it yet," you point out. "But it's the best since it's from you!" You sigh whilst smiling at the girl and then tell her to go finish her mission.

"Well, where should we go to next?" Paimon asks. You ponder it for a moment, fingers under your chin. Then, "Oh, why don't we go visit Mona?" you suggest, wondering how the astrologist have been. Paimon nods with enthusiasm and the two of you walked to her place, but along the way, you met up with a certain knight in maid's clothing. "Hey, isn't that Noelle?" Paimon asks, pointing at the girl who was just exiting a house, probably was called to help the family in that house. "Oh, you're right! Hey, Noelle!" you call her name loudly, earning her attention.

You jogged up to her with a smile. "Honorary Knight, what are you doing in Mondstadt?" she asks with a genuine look of surprise. "I came to celebrate Christmas with all of you!" you answered and look at Paimon who got yet another gift, one whose colours matches that of the knight in front of you. "And we wanted to give all of you a gift."