║Xingqiu║Dear You

This is requested by UmmWhyErin! Thank you so much for the request.

Angst.

Word count: 800+

---

Liyue- a nation of commerce. There, everyone is always up to something- be it for the good of the land or for their own selfish needs. And that soon attracted other people from other parts of Teyvat, wanting to get something- anything- from their journey to there. Everyone there are always smiles and flattery, but that is only when the dark sky- that is only lit up by the stars and moon- is blanketing their dirty business. No one really cares about what another does in the harbour as long as it doesn't affect them in the long run. Heck, they couldn't care less about who they were talking to unless they were someone of use to earn more fortune for themselves. They won't even bat an eye if someone- who they have never heard of- suddenly comes and beg for help.

-

"Hey, (Y/N), I bought a new book that I think you might like. It's from your favourite author too!" The second son of a wealthy family, Xingqiu, came to greet you at your usual spot-- right at the top of a mountain that faced the sea, the water gold due to the sun setting for the day and to let the night deal with the unwanted business dealings.

He sat on the grass and leaned on a stone, a small smile on his face as he looks up at the sky. It was a beautiful set of orange and yellow-- much like his eyes. With a minute passing by, he takes a breather before looking down at the book in his lap, beginning to open the new book. "I have been waiting for the next volume to be published, always going to the bookstore and stay for hours." He chuckles. "You don't know how many times the lady at the bookstore questioned me if I wanted to check the other books instead."

"It was a tempting thought but if I were to be distracted, who knows? I might miss my chance to buy a copy of it if ever came-- which it did," he says, looking at the first word of the first page. "I suppose you want me to read now. Haha, I remember how you always pester me to hurry up so I could start reading the book."

"Oh look, I'm prolonging the read even more, haha. Then, I shall read the book now," he said. This time, he stops speaking and reads the book all the while smiling, never once had it faltered away in hopes to not make you break.

Once he finished reading, he just stared at the back of the book, his smile not reaching his beautiful, golden eyes as he was drifting off in his own thoughts. In front of everyone, he was all smiles and the perfect son who was well versed in many things from poetry to martial arts. Only his dear friend, Chongyun, know how wicked he could be. But even if he was his friend, he had never seen him break down-- not even during your funeral.

It was a silent plea for help that he wished he picked up sooner. And since then, he hated himself for how useless of a lover he was to you. He always promised that he would protect you and in no way would he let harm come your way but in times of desperation, he wasn't there. So much for that promise, he thought bitterly.

He looks at the stone he was leaning against and read your name that was engraved on it. It was your stone where your spirit lies for eternity. He saw it best to have you buried here as it was one of your most favourite spots to run away from the excitement of the city and to have a little moment of peace, reading a book. He would often accompany you as well and would often lay his head on your lap as you read out loud or to yourself when he wanted to read another book.

He wished he had done something more to keep your warmth forever, but he wasn't a fortune-teller to know when you would die. He wished he was though. Now, he was left in the cold with nothing but your memory to give him more heartache.

A tear finally slips through his smiling face, breaking that smile that everyone knew. One tear. Two tears. Three. More and more kept coming that he couldn't wipe all of them away and he bit down on his bottom lip to try to stop the sobbing sounds that left him. "Why? Why didn't you tell me? I, I could have done something!" he cried, not showing his eyes as he continued to stop the tears with his arms. His smiling facade broke away and you were the first to witness it from your stone. He hiccups, choking on his own tears. Even when minutes passed, his tears did not stop and he soon buried his head in his arms, using his knees as support.

"Please come back.."

---

Is it angst month or something??

This has become one of my favourites.

Thank you so much for requesting! Hope you enjoyed this. ^^

~♡~