Chapter Eighteen

Comincia dall'inizio

Napaawang ang bibig niya sa narinig.

"My birthday?" Pag-uulit niya. "I spent my birthday with you?"

"Yes." Sabay tango. "You were born on Christmas Eve. You're an early gift to your parents, and mine as well." At saka hinaplos ang pisngi niya. "You were so cute and energetic. Kahit kakililala mo pa lang sa amin ni Dart ay palagay na agad ang loob mo at kaagad kang nag-aya ng laro." And he pinched her nose. "You're just a baby but you're already wicked. You asked us to play with you and your dolls and you even told us that you want us to be your boyfriends."

"What?" Gulat na tanong ni Eshe na napangiti pa. "I told you that?"

"Yup, you did. Both Dart and I just chuckled coz a barely five-year-old girl was asking a nine and ten-year-old boy to be her boyfriend."

Sabay na silang tumawa dahil roon.

"Hindi ko alam na ganoon pala ako noong bata. Nakakahiya." Na patuloy pa din sa marahang pagtawa.

"You were so cute. Your eyes and your smile were irresistible." Nakatitig ang lalaki sa kanya at napakagat pa sa ibabang labi. "And then on your birthday, you told us that you want to marry us. But your father told you that you are too young for that and that you're not allowed to marry two boys. They told you that you can only choose one." At dahan-dahang inilapit ng binata ang mukha niya sa kanya. "And you chose me."

"I guess, I was your charm's first victim then." Nakangiting sabi ni Amethyst.

"No. I was." And he gently kissed her lips. "I was your first victim because I was smitten by you. I made a vow to you that you're the only one I'm gonna marry when the time comes. So you see, I have engaged a long time ago already. I was engaged to you, Amberleigh."

Sumikdo ang puso ni Eshe dahil sa mga rebelasyon ng binata sakanya. Simula sa pagkakaroon ng koneksyon ng pamilya nila noong bata pa sila hanggang sa katotohanang may kakaibang ugnayan na sila ni Dev noon pa.

She doesn't believe in fate, that someone is truly meant for someone. That no matter where fate brought them, they will find their way back to each other.

Could that be possible? That he and I are meant to be together? That we are meant to be with each other? To love one another? Is that even possible for a person like me?

Hindi mapigilang tanong ni Taniesha sa isipan habang nakatitig sa binata.

Maybe when it comes to life, we knit our own thread. It can be simple and smooth or has a cruel sense of humor and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.

Patuloy niyang pagkausap sa sarili.

"I guess, there are things that are destined to be." And she smiled. "Like us."

"Yeah. It just took us a couple of tries to get here. To get where we are right now." And he pulled her closer to kiss her again.

"Who would've thought that after I was gone away for years, I ended up being with you again." She said in between their kisses.

"Luckily I was a bastard boss and fired my secretary back then, coz if I wasn't a jerk then you wouldn't end up in my office." He said as he pulled away from her. "I can't believe it too, that you, Amberleigh, has been in front of me for three years. I should've opened my eyes wider so I could've seen you. We should've not wasted time like what-"