Chapter Sixteen

As she went out of the headquarters, she breathes the air deeply. Today is the start of a new life for her. This is her second shot to live a happy life and she'll make it count.

"What are your plans now?" Pukaw sa kanya ni Emerald na lumabas na din kasunod ang iba pang mga kapatid.

"I'm going back first to Canada and from there, I'll think of a way to get in touch with my mother." Sagot niya na nginitian ang lahat. "What about you?" Tanong niya para sa lahat.

"I'll come home to my kids with Percy. Hopefully, I can erase who I am and be a good mother and a wife. I still don't have my full memories back, just fragments of it. I'm like a ticking bomb that can explode at any moment and I can be a danger to my family." Ruby sighed.

"You're gonna be a good mother, no doubt about that." Ani Emerald na sinang-ayunan naman nilang lahat. "For me, I'll continue with my job and eventually get settle down just like Ruby. I want to have my own family too."

"Despite our dark past, we all want to have a normal life like the others. To find someone who can accept us for who we are and have a family of our own." They couldn't agree more with Diamond. "I'll be staying here in Atlanta because I still have a responsibility in saving the world from dangerous people."

Nagsitanguan lang sila at sabay-sabay napatingin kay Sapphire. Chief Einstein has given her freedom in exchange for what she did in helping taking down Weber.

"So what's your plan, Sapphire? You're now free, you can do whatever you want and you can go anywhere you want to go without anyone holding you. What are you gonna do first?" Tanong ni Taniesha.

Hindi kaagad nakasagot ang kapatid na para bang wala pa talagang planong naiisip.

"I honestly don't know where to go after this or what am I supposed to do now."

"You can stay here if you want. We can use someone like you in the mission. You can be an agent too who saves people." Anyaya ni Yasi.

"No, I don't think I'm suitable for that kind of job." Tanggi nito. "I'm a damaged good, tainted and irreparable."

"We all are." Si Emerald na inakbayan pa si Sapphire. "But that doesn't mean we can't try to repair ourselves, we all deserve another chance to right our wrongs."

"Tama si Em." Pagsang-ayon ni Eshe. "I'm scared too, but I don't want to stop myself from changing the monster that FLAW has created in me."

"I want to believe that we can change who we were before. But I need to find my memories first before I can do that." Si Ruby na tumabi at hinawakan ang kamay din ni Sapphire. "I still have hope and you should too."

"We'll help each other just like before. We will push ourselves to become better than our previous lives. We owe it to ourselves and to our family to live a happy life." Si Diamond na umakbay naman kay Taniesha.

Nakangiti silang lahat maliban kay Sapphire na naka-ilang ulit sa pag-iling.

"You don't understand." Seryoso at nababahalang pahayag nito. "I'm beyond irreparable, I can't be fixed."

"Sapphire-"

"No." Putol nito kay Emerald at kumawala mula sa pagkakaakbay at saka umatras. "FLAW did something to me in the facility."