Chapter Two

"Please stop! Give me back my baby! No!" A woman was screaming while running after the car where Taniesha is in. She can hear her voice and it is somewhat very familiar to her. She wanted to stop the car so she could see the woman but she couldn't figure out how to do it because she's just a child.

"Don't worry, I'll be your new Mommy." Napabaling siya sa kaliwa at isang babaeng nakasalamin ang nakaupo sa tabi niya. "I'll take care of you, darling. I always take care of my precious gems." At hinaplos pa ang kanyang mukha.

She smiled at her and then she slapped her in an instant, making her cry in pain. All of a sudden, she's not inside the car and she's not a toddler anymore, but a young kid who is watching other young girls being forced to kill someone.

"Congratulations, Diamond. You passed this test." Ani ng babaeng kausap lang niya kanina sa loob ng sasakyan. "Now Amethyst, you're up!" Siya na ang binalingan kaya naman kahit parang nanginginig pa ang mga binti niya ay humakbang siya palapit sa gitna.

The faint smell of blood makes her want to throw up but she sucked it up. Ayaw niyang mapagalitan dahil siguradong masasaktan siya.

"You know the drill, right?" Tanong sa kanya ng may edad na babae. "You saw what Diamond did, so just do the same. Better if you do it quicker than her." At sumenyas sa mga tauhan na naroon na nagdala ng panibagong tao sa harapan niya. "Kill him."

Kinilabutan siya at mas lalong nangingig ang mga binti at kamay. She can't think of anything at all coz her mind got blocked by her fear.

"I-I c-can't." Atas niya pagkalipas ng ilang saglit. "I don't want to kill him." At nagsisimula na din siyang maiyak sa takot.

"But you don't have a choice here. If you're in the real world already, you only have two choices, it's either you kill your enemy or be killed by them. I'm sure I wasn't training you hard just to be killed right?" At saka lumapit ang may edad na babae sa dalagang babae na nasa kaliwa niya. "Aquamarine was in the same spot as you years ago and she didn't hesitate to kill her opponent. She and Jade were the ones who excelled in this test. And I hope you can pass this too because I don't want to see that color on your pretty little face to fade."

Amethyst knew she was being threatened and the only way for her to stay in this game of survival is to do what she was asked to do. So she wiped her tears and composed herself before she picked her choice of weapon which is a Sai.

A Sai is a three-pronged dagger where the middle prong is longer than the other two on either side. It can be used as a stabbing weapon or to block or disarm enemies.

"Remember that fear can only make you weak. If you remove it inside you then no one will ever break you." Bulong sa kanya ng babae habang nangingiti lang si Aquamarine sa gilid niya. "Now kill him, Amethyst. Make me proud!"

She took a deep breath and without a slight hesitation, she strides forward and lunges towards the man. She stabs him in the chest, piercing his heart. And the only thing she heard was his muffled voice as he took his last breath.

And there goes her first kill. Her first draw of blood from a human. Nothing could stop her from being a killer, from being a monster that she truly is.

Nang libutin niya ang paningin ay nasa ibang lugar na naman siya. Nakita niyang puno ng mga duguang bangkay ng mga tao ang nakapalibot sa kanya. Ni wala siyang natanaw na natitirang buhay sa bawat katawan na nasa lupa. At nang iangat niya ang mga kamay niya ay punong-puno iyon ng dugo.

Napaatras siya sa gulat at nang may masagi siya sa likuran ay napaharap siya at nanlaki ang mga mata sa nakita. It was a huge mirror, and there, she saw her image. An image of a woman covered in blood all over her body. Soaking wet like she just got out from a pool of blood.