Chapter Twenty Five

Dev groaned as he opened his eyes. The blinding light of his hospital room was kinda pissing him off. But at the same time, he is also relieved to be able to wake up again.

He was in a coma for weeks and his consciousness flew back in time where he first met the woman who changed everything in him.

"Find me a new one! I need an efficient secretary who can keep up with my rules." Sigaw niya sa HR manager sa kabilang linya ng telepono. "ASAP!" Bago padabog na pinindot ang end button.

Naiinis siya dahil wala na naman siyang sekretarya sapagkat sinesante na naman niya ang huli kanina lang. He knows that he is not the most amiable and charming boss that every employee wants but he's the generous one for sure.

Hindi siya mangingiming pagalitan o sigawan ang sinuman basta mali at kapag hindi niya nagustuhan ang trabaho. Others call him Dev-L coz of his grumpy attitude but it's true. He's evil when it comes to his company. Ngunit marunong siyang magbalik kapag nagustuhan niya ang trabaho. He's generous when it comes to bonuses, incentives, or allowances. He expects his employees to work hard and in return, he'll reward them.

Pero sadya talagang malas ata siya pagdating sa sekretarya dahil walang tumatagal. Halos lahat, kundi natataranta kapag may iuutos siya ay napapatulala naman. He knows he's that handsome, a gift to women but he doesn't mix business with pleasure. Kaya kailanman ay wala siyang nilandi sa mga empleyado niya, lalo na ang mga sekretarya niya.

Gusto niya kapag trabaho, trabaho. At gusto niya maaasahan niya ang sekretarya niya sa lahat ng oras at hindi yung pinagnanasaan siya.

So when this newly hired secretary came in, he scrutinizes her in every way. Taniesha Katalina Guerrero, a hot, sexy name but it doesn't suit the woman who is standing in front of him. Long sleeves, paired with a long skirt plus the hair tied in a bun and that thick eyeglass- certainly an old maiden look.

Napakunot noo siya habang pinagmamasdan niya ang babae. Direcho itong makatingin sa kanya at walang ni isang emosyon siyang nakikita sa mukha nito.

Don't I have an effect on her at all?

He asked at the back of his mind while they are exchanging stares.

"Okay Ms. Guerrero, I'll give you a shot. If you can do your job properly, you will be rewarded with great benefits." Paninimula niya ngunit wala pa ding pagbabago sa itsura nitong seryosong nakatingin sa kanya. "I'm sure that the HR has oriented you about the rules of this company and of course, my specific rules here in my office."

"Yes, Sir." Simpleng tugon nito.

At doon nga nagsimula ang lahat. Taniesha became his most effective and efficient secretary and the more she tried to distance herself from him, the more he was drawn to her.

Naiinis siya sa sarili dahil noon ay gusto niyang hindi siya pinagnanasaan ng mga sekretarya niya, ngunit ngayon ay iyon ang gusto niyang makita kay Eshe. He wanted to see her drool over him. He even imagined her down on her knees under his office table but he knows she wasn't that type of girl and that frustrates him even more.

He liked her but he doesn't want to admit it. Kaya patuloy pa din siya sa nakasanayang pakikipaglaro sa ibang mga babae upang mabura sa isipan niya ang imahe ng sekretarya niyang mukhang matandang dalaga. But whenever she dares him to fire her, he couldn't do it. He needed her. Not only for work but because of his personal reason.

So when she said that she's leaving because someone is after her, he didn't hesitate to help her. He will do everything to protect her. She may be a little weird and mysterious but that's what makes him more interested in her.