Ive got bad butterflies in my chest, there's something I gotta confess.

Annabeth

I walked away from the table to the nearby balcony. Percy is seaweed brain!! How could have I not known? Seaweed brain- per y now I guess has never been good at keeping the things about his personal life a secret and if I had paid more attention to Percy I might have figured it out sooner.

But why did he reject me like that before I even asked him out?

My subconscious replied, "he has a girlfriend remember. He thought you might have feelings for him and it might have made Rachel nervous that he has another girl friend who might potentially have feelings for him. Therefore she might have asked him to end it"

That does make sense but I never pegged Rachel as the clingy girlfriend type but still whats he did was Hella rude and offensive.

I heard someone enter behind me. I turned around and exaled in relief. Thankfully it was Luke and not Percy so I have time to deal with the 'Percy and seaweed brain are the same person dilemma'

He looked at me with concern. "Are you alright Annabeth?"

I nodded. "That joke brought back some powerful memories and I need some time to compose myself"

"I didn't know your mother was the joking type"

She really wasn't but what he doesn't know won't kill him right?

I smiled fondly. "She was" I pretended to wipe away unshed tears and compose myself.

I nodded to inform him that I was ready and walked back to the table.

**********

The rest of the evening was a blur. I was very disoriented and I just wanted to go home. The only thing on my mind was that Percy was seaweed brain. I felt that I would go mad if i didn't tell someone.

I tried to confront Percy about it but I just couldn't. He did have a semi valid reason for his response and I don't think I could do without confirming that he was indeed right about me having a crush on him.

I was afraid that he might find out that I'm wise girl just by seeing how flustered I got after the fish joke and decide that I wasn't good enough for him.

I knew that I had to talk to piper but I can't just abruptly leave without raising suspicion. I waited until Rachel and Percy left and I quickly ordered the first dessert that I could spot and I devoured it as soon as it arrived.

Luke raised his eyebrows at my weird behavior but didn't say anything. As soon I finished I asked him to drop me at home. He quickly agreed, which was weird as he always insisted that we go for a walk around the park after our dates.

***********

As soon as Luke disappeared from my view, I told Helen that I'm going to piper's house and got on my bicycle and pedaled away to pipers house.

When I got to her mansion I stormed up to her room, out of breath and sweaty and almost broke down her door with my banging.

I would literally burst if I didn't tell her.

I didn't wait for her to open the door and rushed in. What I saw took my breath again.

A startled Jason and piper were doing homework on the bed

Piper huffed with anger, "remind me to never give you a spare key again. You scared the shit out of me" when she saw my taken aback expression she rolled her eyes and said "we were just doing homework"

"Really? I thought you were doing each other" I mumbled under my breath and Piper blushed.

"Did you have a reason to interrupt our very productive homework session" piper asked obviously interested in spending time with Jason than with me.

"Yes. I wouldn't have cycled all the way to your house if it wasn't"

She bit her lip and turned to Jason. He nodded and politely asked if they would be able to meet tomorrow and do homework (like she would even refuse) and left.

She turned to me. "What is it that you wanted to tell me?"

"Seaweed brain is percy"

"WHAT???"

************

"Percy?" She asked again for like the billionth time and I just nodding

"How?" She asked.

I scrunched up my nose and turned to her. "What do you mean how?"

She rolled her eyes. "I mean how do you know it him?"

"Well, he is the new kid like seaweed brain, loves to swim and is part of the swim team like seaweed brain, he is also the son of Poseidon like seaweed brain and If that's not enough he even told the same fish joke that I had told him and when I asked him about it he told that he heard it from a online friend and also I found out that he plays heroes. You know what this means right?"

"That he is a plagarist?"

"No that I had a crush on the same guy twice"

"Ha you finally admit that you had a crush on Percy. I totally called it!"

"Piper!" I yelled. This was not the time for petty I told you so's

"So, you have a crush on percy/seaweed brain whats new?"

"You do know that he turned me down before I even asked him out right?"

"So? You're dating luke aren't you? Then what's the problem?" She got up from the bed and turned towards me. "You do like Luke don't you?"

"Yes I do but........"

"But what" she saw me and said "Great my best friend is caught in a love triangle"

I quickly said "its not a love triangle! Percy doesn't like me in that was so it technically isn't. I am over him. I really am! But I don't know what to do with this new information"

Piper thought for a while and gave me her signature smirk. "Try to forget about it and give me the phone"

"Why?"

"You'll see"

She snatched my phone and sent a quick message and tossed it back to me.

"What did you do?"

"Nothing. I was just messing with him. Since you are never gonna confess I wanna have some fun with this situation while nudging you as well. Also why should you be the only one losing sleep over knowing his identity"

Did she just do what I think she did.

I opened heroes and went to my conversation with seaweed brain.

Daughterofathena_wisegirl

Hi, Percy