anyways

Holy fuck. Beyonce. Jonathan was about to meet THE Beyonce. He couldn't believe it, he wouldn't believe it. 

Racing to his room, he quickly changed, unaware that Lin was in the room as well.

Once Jon put his shirt over his head, Lin quietly approached him from behind, gently wrapping his arms around his waist. 

"Ah! Lin! Hey, did you see Beyonce! We're gonna meet Beyonce!" He said, turning around, Lin's hands still tightly wrapped around him.

God, he was so… nice to look at. It made him happy. What more could he ask for?

"Yeah, I heard. I raced back here just to see your reaction." He wanted to say something about him specifically, wanted to say that he thought Jonathan was the most adorable thing out there.

"Okay, but what if I mess this up. Like-"

"No. Don't think that way. You can't mess it up. You're amazing, you've got it!" He insisted, smiling softly. 

Looking at the smaller man in his arms, he murmured endless thank you's, much more meaning behind them than anyone could've guessed. 

Lin rested his head on Jonathan's chest, reminding himself that it was just a hug, a hug between friends.

Pulling away, Jonathan grabbed onto Lin's hand, squeezing it tightly. He was quite obviously nervous. 

Lin looked down between their interlaced fingers. They've held hands before, but this one felt different. Bringing both their hands up, Lin softly kissed Jonathan's knuckles. Maybe he meant to, maybe he didn't, but he knew that he wanted to. 

"Am I interrupting anything?" Beyonce asked. Wow. Just wow. The Beyonce.

"Oh my god. No, no, not at all." Groff said, turning pink. He gripped onto Lin's hands, showing immense strength that practically nobody was aware of. 

    “Okay, good. So…” She went on about his walk, how she loved and admired the both of them, or rather the whole cast.

The thing was, Lin couldn’t focus. How could he? Something was so different. He looked besides him, and he saw this man, this angel, smile. It was so small, but it meant so much. That smile blinded him, that smile made him, completed him. His cheeks were a dark pink, showing his giddiness. He was so unbelievably happy and excited, Lin wanted it. Perhaps he wanted to be his happiness, to be happy with him, or to feel as happy as he showed. 

Or all of the above.

He looked down again at their interlaced hands. Such a big world, but Lin was lucky enough to have Groff. Amazing.

“So, Lin.” He was suddenly knocked out of his trance. Beyonce examined the two men, partially their hands. First thing she saw, really, but now… She knew. The way he looked at him, as if there were no other in this world. It made her gasp,, a gasp that required her to take another breath. Another breath to grasp the fact someone could ever feel so strongly about another. 

He swallowed, probably out of nervousness, “Yes?”

“You’re amazing. I really do hope you realize that.”

“Thank you, that means a lot coming from you, The queen B.” He chuckled nervously.

    “You don’t believe me.” She said softly. Jonathan faced Lin, squeezing his hand again. This time, he was assuring him. 

Lin ran his thumb over Groff’s hand. He had soft hands. Could they stay like this forever?

“Not really. It’s good to stay humble. I’m nothing compared to you.”

“Then don’t compare. Look at yourself, look at how far you’ve come. You, alone, you shine brighter than a star. In this industry, you’ve made it. You’re not me, no, but you’re you.” She turned, and exited.

Both men let out a breath they didn’t realize they were holding. 

Jonathan groaned, running a hand over his face (whilst the other was still gripping onto Lin’s). “That was embarrassing. I should’ve done better. I was a mess, I-”

“Shut up. You were cute.” He kissed the back of his hand, adoring Jon’s flushed face. 

Sighing, Jonathan rested his head on Lin’s shoulder. 

“God, what would I do without you?” 

“Cry. A lot.” 

Giggling, they let go of their hands, but knew that nothing changed. They were forever intertwined, showing their love, probably from afar.