welp... this has been in the works forever

Jasmine gasped, "Is that Lin's sweater?" 

Jonathan, still sleepy from last night, "What?"

"You're wearing Lin's grey sweater." (yk what im talkin abt)

He looked down, and gasped himself. He looked around, meeting Lin's eyes. 

"Uh- This is my own sweater actually. We just have the same one." Jonathan said, giving a feeble explanation. 

Jasmine, who was skeptical, moved closer. "It even smells like him."

"How do you know what I smell like?" Lin asked, trying to help Groff. 

"Everyone knows what you smell like. And, it's like two sizes small for you. I'm not dumb. Now, spill." Jasmine ordered. 

Lin and Groff exchanged unsure glances. They both sighed, "Alright. So… we did spend the night at my place. So what? Just don't tell anyone. No one else needs to know."

"Yeah. We just cuddled…"

Jasmine squealed, jumping up and down like a child. Before they knew it, she was off.

"Shit." They both said in unison. 

/

"Yo, Groff! So? Did you two… y'know, last night?" Anthony asked. 

Jonathan almost spit out his water, and glared at him. "Fuck. I already told Jasmine, nothing happened." 

"Mm. Well, doesn't seem like that." Jonathan sighed, and pointedly ignored Anthony. Grumbling, he made his way back to his shared dressing room. 

"Groffsauce?" Lin asked, looking up from his laptop. 

Without saying anything, he flopped down on the bed. Lin, the caring friend he was, immediately gravitated towards Jon. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" Lin softly asked, squeezing onto the small bed. 

"I don't think we should've told Jazzy about last night. Everyone's going to get the wrong idea." 

"And what's that?" 

Jon softly sighed, turning to face Lin. He immediately looked away. "I dunno. That we're a… y'know. Thing. I especially don't want any rumors getting to Vanessa." 

"Yeah. Well, I mean… we did cuddle. And," Lin pointedly coughed, "You were shirtless." 

Jonathan gave put a small, gay yelp. "Hey! We were both drunk, and it was extremely hot, and you were the one who started to cuddle me, and it's not my fault that-" 

"Jonathan, baby-" 

"Huh?!" 

They both sat upright, awkwardly staring at each other. 

"I- wait. No, um. It was out of habit. I'm sorry. Please-" 

"Lin. Stop," Jonathan lowered his voice, "You tried to kiss me last night. What are we doing?" 

Lin's eyes got big, and you could see the silent tears forming. "We're not doing anything. Last night… we were drunk, okay? I-It was just an accident." 

"That's what you said last time." 

The tension in the air was thick. "I know. I just… I really wanna kiss you." 

Before they knew it, Lin was in Jonathan's lap, kissing him hard. Jon wrapped his arms around Lin, not giving a fuck anymore. He hated that they always danced around each other. How they always covered it up with humor. 

Lin didn't know anymore. He really didn't. He was almost 40, how could he be questioning his sexuality now? Last week, like any other man going through a mid-life crisis, went on a very extensive google search. He could be bi, or pansexual. Maybe omnisexual? Perhaps at this point, he didn't care. He also thought about Vanessa. He loved both her and Jonathan. He wanted to try for an open, polyamorous relationship, but was afraid of this new change. Vanessa, was, and always will be his light. She was so beautiful in all ways, and so accepting. But so was Jonathan. Only thing was, it felt like when he first fell in love. He wanted to know everything about Jon, taste every part of him. It was new, and incredibly terrifying. 

Pulling away, Lin slid his hands into Jonathan's hair, and pulled him back in. Since it was such a small bed, they had a bit of difficulty moving around, but they most definitely didn't stop making out. In fact, they may have for a bit too long. 

Daveed walked in, "Yo, Lac was wondering-" 

The pair pulled away with red cheeks, bruised lips, and maybe a few bite marks. 

"-Fuck, it's not what it looks like." Lin said, quicker than any rap he could've recited. 

Daveed closed the door behind him, and started whisper-yelling, "Then what is it? You have a wife, Lin! And a goddamn kid!" 

"I- It's just… we started talking- a-and then- Jonathan and I- please don't-" 

Daveed cut him off, "Look. I don't want to get into your shit. But you need to sort this crap out, or else Vanessa is gonna hear about this." 

"We know." Lin said quietly. 

With one last pitiful glance, Daveed exited the room. 

"I'm so sorry." Lin sobbed out, his eyes cast downwards. In an instant, Jon had his arms around Lin, trying to stop the tears. 

"Shh. Don't be." 

Needless to say, it was a long night.